• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco vin decoder

tk1218

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flower Mound
Having issues pulling up the bronco Ohio vin decoder

Any know the correct Internet address for the site?

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I posted the screen shots I have on the Broncohio down thread. there not the clearest for some reason but are better than nothing.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Why hasn't a EB VIN decoder been put on this site??:?

Kiptaylor

I recently bought 2 broncos from a guy. Im trying to find out exactly what year they are. He wasnt sure. Does anyone know how to tell from the vin #'s what year they are? U15NLD03193
U15GLK62101
I've tried to get on broncohio, b u t the site is down. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I recently bought 2 broncos from a guy. Im trying to find out exactly what year they are. He wasnt sure. Does anyone know how to tell from the vin #'s what year they are? U15NLD03193
U15GLK62101
I've tried to get on broncohio, b u t the site is down. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

First one is a 68' with a 289, second one is a 71' with a 302

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My '71 starts with a GLK66 and was built in Dec of '70, so yours is roughly 4,000 trucks prior to that (full size pickups and Broncos were built on the same assembly line and sequenced together, so there were not 4,000 Broncos between ours. Just trucks in total.
I forget exactly when they changed from Dana 30's to 44's, but I think it was about K20,000 which puts yours in the Dana 44 category theoretically.

With the seller having so little knowledge about them, you would do well to verify that the VIN on the registration (if there is such?) matches the one on the frame, and not just the one in the glove box or door pillar ('71 only).

Paul

NewDog

Contributor
Loc.
Surrey BC
U15GLK62101

The U15GLK62101 is a 1971 - Dec '70 build month.

I think the U15NLD03193 would be an earlier year than 1971.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can you tell me what year this Bronco is? U15GLP00075

Hey CRAZY, have you put your information into the discussion we're having about the "P" and "Q" Broncos? Viperwolf started it and it's called "Mind Your P's and Q's" in Chat.
Check it out and throw your info into the mix if you can.

Judging by your low VIN and the fact that it's an April build means that it's not going to change the info about the changeover between the '72 and '73 model years, but it's still cool to see that stuff come up.

If you get the chance check out the thread.

Thanks

Paul