• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C4 Help - Need a good place to ship it to

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
In an effort to learn and save money I rebuilt my own C4 for my trail rig and have been running it for a year with problems.
It over heats when I barely push it even with the cooling lines going through the radiator and a dual stack Derale trans cooler with a fan and a 180 degree switch.
The trans works fine but something is blocked or wrong, maybe in the pump and I am at the end of time and frustration and need a pro. I would also like to make some upgrades so it can take light plowing and 37" tall tire wheeling on rocks.

I have read about using a C5 pump in a C4 and some gear upgrades but I am not an expert.

I am willing to pull it, remove the intermediate housing, bell housing and ship it to someone as I cant find any local old school expert.

Any takers or referrals?

Toddpole

Contributor
http://www.broaderperformance.com/
This guy knows Ford transmissions and can build them to take a beating. He also load tests , and breaks in, every build on a test stand. Give him a call. He isn't the cheapest but he won't sell you something you don't need.

ZOSO

Viperwolf has helped me so much on this board but I was not sure if he took on rebuilds.

I also found this guy who is about 2 hours from me. It should be cheep to ship to him but I don't have a referral.
http://www.kellinperformancetrans.com/

Only problem with viperwolf is he is across the country from you.

But i'll +1 for Viper. He built the c4 I had and it worked great.