• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C4 in-line filter - where to put?

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’m going to install an in-line filter on my c4 cooler lines, but can’t remember which line is which. I know I’ve found the answer on here before but my search didn’t find it.

Does it matter if the filter is on the in or out line? The line that I have the most flexibility with and would like to use is the one that goes in the rear of the transmission. If I had to guess, this is the return line? Will this be a safe place to install the filter, close to the radiator end of the line?

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I would put the filter before the cooler, that way if there is anything that goes wrong the filter will catch the trash before it can get in the cooler and get stuck in there.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
The line closest to the raditor is out to the cooler. The line going to the rear of the tranny is the return from the cooler to splash lube and down to the pan.