• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Can you wire a Dura spark wrong and still run??

treihesse

Bronco Guru
If the wiring on my duraspark was wrong would the truck still run??? How about the ignition control module. Can they effect the timing??

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Depends on how wrong it is. Make a drawing of how its wired and post it.

Only very few modules had any timing control built in. They will have three connectors on the module instead of two. Stretched timing chains and worn distributor gear/bushings will effect timing.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I think it could to a degree if I remember right the duraspark module is actually supposed to retard timing a bit during cranking if wired wrong I suppose it could stay retarded. But then it really wouldnt be all that much of a problem as you would just move the dist to reset your initial timing. But as was said if wired wrong usually there will be other signs such as the starter staying engauged.