• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CARB Wich Carb

22213evl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rio Rancho N.M.
what are your plans for the truck, street/rocks if it's mostly street then motorcraft makes a good carb, if your going to be hitting some aggressive trails folks have been using the holley ta carbs with some good success.

DrLathrop

Loc.
Fulshear, TX
Q-jet?

any thought on picking up a Q-jet from BC Broncos? has anyone else done this swap from 2 Barrel stock to Q-jet? Pros/Cons?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Well you need a 4v manifold then a spread bore carb adapter, the carb and a drop base aircleaner. Then its still a tight fit under the hood unless you have a body lift. Eitherway I'm not a big fan of the qjunk carbs even ones that have been supposedly custom built for your engine as I've seen quite a few have all kinds of issues. On the other hand plenty of people run them and like them.

OP
OP
J

JedDaniel

Loc.
Jasper Alabama
rebuild

I am thinking I will get it rebuilt somewhere if I can, it leaks a pretty fair amount out of every portal on the thing, I think I am going with a manual choke also, I have never had an automatic choke that worked, on a bronco that is, thank you guys for the input.

vintage bronco

I am thinking I will get it rebuilt somewhere if I can, it leaks a pretty fair amount out of every portal on the thing, I think I am going with a manual choke also, I have never had an automatic choke that worked, on a bronco that is, thank you guys for the input.
easy enough to rebuild and if the tubes to the choke are clear and connected correctly they are trouble free for the most part.

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
The accellerator pump on front of carb is usually the main thing that leaks. Kits are cheap and thats one of the easiest carbs to rebuild.

OP
OP
J

JedDaniel

Loc.
Jasper Alabama
well I have bought a rebuild kit and new float, lets hope for the best. I am getting someone else to rebuild it, Yes I took the easy way out, but I am putting a new dist in tonight, no time to mess with a carb. Thank you all.

1970mule

Bronco Guru
i have to say i wish i would have stayed mith my motorcraft. but the holly ta is really good on agressive angles. but thats about all. it has a serious flat spot and sucks up more gas than needed. when i go EFI i will be selling mine.