• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cell phone mounts and options

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Without doors, running 40"s hanging out the wheelwell a couple inches (not FW) but a windscreen only for the back of my half cab limits what my voice command can pic up on my Android while cruising at more than 35mph. At 70-75? Don't expect any response from "Hello Google". So for me I'm either trying to read a command on my phone in 1/4" high font in the sunshine if my phone is mounted on the console OR since it's mounted up above the dash on my cage crossbar I can easily make the adjustments actually easier than a typical radio embaedeed in the dash that you have reach for.

Glad your's will work for ya.
Just pointing out to some who might not have ever thought of the disadvantages of mounting it on the console since it's so distracting down there.
Haha, totally get you. I can't say my experience will be any different, but I will have doors. Nice when it does work though. The head unit I got also has wireless Android and if you're running droid already, you may even get more out of it then someone primarily on Apple. I'll post info on it after I know it works how I planned.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I forgot that my rig is 2x louder with the same muffler! I changed floor height, moved body mounts and squeezed in 20" bodied mufflers which really reduce the noise but still much louder than my 418 ever was!!!

So fighting exhaust is another issue.

I generally play "stations" on Pandora so the most I ever usually do when driving is hit the skip to the next song button.

amfw

I made a couple. The black one was the first and is pretty complicated. It articulates to hide behind the dash when not in use, has a charging cable built in as well as NFC to launch maps/spotify etc when placed on the holder, and a rare earth magnet to keep the phone in place. I got the articulating idea from a company I saw that makes an EFI computer that does the same. But it doesn't work with my console, and I don't love the down low
position for anything I'd use while driving so it never got used in my truck. I partially just made it as a design exercise and to try some new (to me) techniques.
The green one is simpler, but it is the one I have kept installed for use. but It uses some existing holes on the windshield frame for mounting and the phone just slips in and is held by the printed tabs. I've since filled in the bronco script with white epoxy just for kicks. I like the visibility of it mounted up top. It also makes a great mounting spot for the selfie camera 😂
I just got a new phone, so I'll have to update the design for this season though! Adding power should be easy since the windshield wiper motors are right there, and the NFC and stuff can probably happen again.

Attachments

• 2015_0723_03073200.jpg
    2015_0723_03073200.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20220302_212910.jpg
    IMG_20220302_212910.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 2015_0723_03073700.jpg
    2015_0723_03073700.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 64
  • VID_20220824_100536~3.mp4
    35.8 MB

WPS 73 Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
The Woodlands, Tx
I've always used magnetic mounts for my phone in all my cars. For the bronco, I attached the "magic mount" magnet to my wiper cover and ran a USB charging cable for the stereo to the same location. I also put the microphone for the phone/stereo there too. Works great.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I've always used magnetic mounts for my phone in all my cars. For the bronco, I attached the "magic mount" magnet to my wiper cover and ran a USB charging cable for the stereo to the same location. I also put the microphone for the phone/stereo there too. Works great.
You own cars that magnets stick to??

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
I made a couple. The black one was the first and is pretty complicated. It articulates to hide behind the dash when not in use, has a charging cable built in as well as NFC to launch maps/spotify etc when placed on the holder, and a rare earth magnet to keep the phone in place. I got the articulating idea from a company I saw that makes an EFI computer that does the same. But it doesn't work with my console, and I don't love the down low
position for anything I'd use while driving so it never got used in my truck. I partially just made it as a design exercise and to try some new (to me) techniques.
The green one is simpler, but it is the one I have kept installed for use. but It uses some existing holes on the windshield frame for mounting and the phone just slips in and is held by the printed tabs. I've since filled in the bronco script with white epoxy just for kicks. I like the visibility of it mounted up top. It also makes a great mounting spot for the selfie camera 😂
I just got a new phone, so I'll have to update the design for this season though! Adding power should be easy since the windshield wiper motors are right there, and the NFC and stuff can probably happen again.
Cool idea and nice work!

amfw

20230527_160034.jpg
20230528_102307.jpg
Well, finally got around to this and it was easy enough. Updated my model with new specs for my phone and printed the new one on my new multicolor setup. The old one (up top) needed to have colored resin poured into it and get sanded back. Even then it wasnt super clean. New one is straight off my printer with no post processing.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Nice!

I’ve printed a good amount of useful things but I’ e never tried anything that needs to look good. I’d love to do something with the bronco scripts printed in black that covers the hole in the cowl from the fresh air vent. Any tips/help? I’ve seen lots of good metal ones but I’m planning on putting things that need satellite signal under and would be better plastic.

amfw

Nice!

I’ve printed a good amount of useful things but I’ e never tried anything that needs to look good. I’d love to do something with the bronco scripts printed in black that covers the hole in the cowl from the fresh air vent. Any tips/help? I’ve seen lots of good metal ones but I’m planning on putting things that need satellite signal under and would be better plastic.
Oh man, was thinking about doing something for exactly that today! I really would love a mini tool kit in there,. Tom's. WH etc sell something like that. But I also might just drop my fresh air vent box back in :)

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Oh man, was thinking about doing something for exactly that today! I really would love a mini tool kit in there,. Tom's. WH etc sell something like that. But I also might just drop my fresh air vent box back in :)
Yeah, I have the WH one. Would be perfect to just throw stuff in and it works but I’d prefer the lid to be secure and I’m planning a little shelf underneath. And I want the top to look better too.

Torkman66

Contributor
I found a phone magnet that is nearly 3” by 1.5”. I’m going to mount it on my dash next to the ash tray that I converted to a usb charging station.
IMG_7190.png IMG_6637.jpeg

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
S23 ultra holder zip tied to wiper arm. it moves with wiper arm when it rains,

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I use an Arikon suction cup mount to the windshield for my phone and an Arikon stem mounted holder for my iPad. Both work very well even on rough trails. I use the phone mount in several vehicles is why I went with a suction cup mount. I've tried several different make of suction cup mounts and the Arikon stays attached even when moved among different vehicles. For the iPad mount the flexible stem attaches to a passenger seat bolt. You could also put the phone holder on the stem mount.

Here's a pic of the iPad/tablet mount.

That looks pretty operable and handy

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
I bought this and have been very happy with it. It swivels and is magnetic so no drilling. I mounted mine to the lower part of the dash but it can be used anywhere. I don't do much off-roading but it is rock solid for everyday use.

[/URL][/URL][/URL]
I have this 👆🏼for my phone and it’s great offroad too. Just installed the below for my maps. It’s by Tackform and they have tons of 20mm ball attachments. I’ve tried several suction cup mounts (even Ram) with no luck. They eventually fall off.

Attachments

• IMG_4099.jpeg
    IMG_4099.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4100.jpeg
    IMG_4100.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4101.jpeg
    IMG_4101.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4102.jpeg
    IMG_4102.jpeg