• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Centech wiring harness questions.

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Hi,
I started doing the wiring again on my Bronco today. I finally got another gauge cluster fixed up and got after it. My first question is about 2 orange wires (under the dash section of harness) that are hooked to a single connector, one is marked Wiper power and the other is marked Wiper / Radio. What are these for? I see all of the wiper motor and switch wires are already hooked to the switch or are bundled for the windshield frame. Maybe I missed them in the instructions, or maybe my brain just gave up.
My second question is on the gauge cluster lights. Can you run LED lights in those sockets or do you need to use the old style sockets from the old harness? Whichever way it is, do you need to change anything else or are the bulbs plug and play?

Thanks in advance!

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Been a while since I did mine, but I think you're talking about the accessory plugs.

Attachments

• Centech Connector.jpg
    Centech Connector.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 89

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
I’m doing a Centech to. Sometimes the print is ok on the wires other times it sucks .... I’m not at my harness now to look at it but I do know there are two orange wires the have a white connecter on them . I’m pretty sure that is radio power. The wiper wires should be near the end of dash harness. I’m not sure of color but I think blue , white, black and red . They will be with dome light also. There is a low and high speed with a park wire . The park is what controls the blades when you turn them off they return to the top. I’m still trying to figure mine out .
Not sure about the Led bulbs
Not too happy with the instructions or markings on the wires. They should at least include a over all wire schematic so you could double check the colors when you can’t read the print

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Without running out to check my rig... do the wipers and radio circuits share the same fuse... That might be the confusing part with the same color wires marked differently...

And in looking at the Instruction manual that I have in PDF format, they do share the same fuse.

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I see all of the wires that run up to the wiper motor, the wire for the dome light is in with them as well. There are 2 orange wires that are hooked to the wiper switch, not sure if those are the same 2 that are hooked to the white connector or not. Seems strange to me to have radio and wiper on the same wire even if it is an auxiliary power wire.
I have most of the switches on the dash hooked up and was looking at what was left. Those 2 orange ones hooked together are confusing to me the way they are labeled. I guess I will check them with an ohmmeter and see if that is the same 2 wires on the switch. I am going to reread the instructions and see if I missed something. Might just be a brain fart on my part.

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I got online and found a set of Centech instructions. I guess I did not get the entire instruction manual. I found this in the ones online, I am going to print out a set to keep.
Here is a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1582.jpg
    IMG_1582.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 49

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
yup those are accessory wires. I used one for my cig lighter and the other for my wiper washer fluid button. My gray cig wire I used for the radio since it needed a constant power....and those wires will only work if the "the black" accessory wire in the bundle of white, red, and purple ingintion bundle is connected to the accessory post on the back of the ignition. I mistook that wire for a ground since it was black...

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Good info! I will keep that in mind when and if I get to my radio.

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
My second question is about the gauge bulbs, I want to run LED lights in the dash. Can I get those for the centech style sockets or do I need to use the old round style sockets off of my old harness.
Will the LED lights work or do I need to modify something to them work properly?
Thanks in advance!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They work fine, but you lose your dimming function in almost all cases. Some LED's are "dimmable" but not sure if those work with a stock switch or not.

I don't know the socket/base designation for the Centech sockets, but pretty sure they're nothing exotic, so bulbs should exist.

Paul

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Thanks Paul! I think those bulbs are a 194 not positive, they slip in to a flat slot with a conductor on opposite sides. I don't care about the dimming feature, I just want to be able to see the gauges better. I still have the old harness laying there so I can cut and splice the original sockets if necessary.