• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Changed ignition module now starter wont disengage.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
the problem with multi meters is if you are unfamiliar and you test something and you get what you perceive as wrong is it really wrong or did you do it wrong. or is it right but you are interpreting it wrong. the range scaling is very difficult to understand.

OP
OP
kat

kat

Loc.
Bristol
the problem with multi meters is if you are unfamiliar and you test something and you get what you perceive as wrong is it really wrong or did you do it wrong. or is it right but you are interpreting it wrong. the range scaling is very difficult to understand.

You are very correct. My son is an electrician so I had to face time him on how to do it. What gets me is how different the resistance is on different things. And thanks to Paul, I was able to know what the resistance for the module (inside distributor) was. I had to google about the coil...the resistance was a lot higher range than the module.