• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Clayton, OK June 18-20 2010

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
A bunch of us from Texas are heading up to Clayton to hit the trails on the third weekend of June. As of now, we've got 10-15 broncos going which means that we'll be able to split up and do moderate trails and extreme trails depending on your rig setup and/or willingness to inflict damage on your EB. Most are arriving late Thursday (June 17) and will wheel Friday and Saturday. Some are staying Sunday (yes, I know it's fathers day) to get in another day on the trails.

Several of us have booked camping spots at Sardis Lake which is a short 5 miles from town and is a great place to camp.

Below is the link to the campground we stayed at last year. This is 5mi from Green Acres offroad area, easy straight road, you can drive your rig to the trailhead, or on the trailer, there's a parking area near the trailhead. there's also some non-chain hotels in town, as well as other tent and rv camping there.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campi...ode=NRSO&parkId=73352&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

I know a couple of us have booked spots C66/67/69 Thurs to Sun. These are out on a little peninsula, tree covered, close to the water, there's bathrooms and hot showers right there. fishing and swimming are right there. if there's a group of y'all that want to tent camp together, there's a group tent spot right up at the end of that same street. its pretty big, has a pavillion and water/electric, but needs to be booked separately for $150. Depending on how much interest we get, we may book it, just don't know yet.

One stickler that we noticed last year is the front gate to the campground closes early evening, dunno if it was 8:00 or 9:00. if someone is getting in late late then someone needs to bribe the gate guy and then sit at the gate after closing, let the late arrivals thru, then lock the gate.

This is gonna be fun, Clayton has incredible wheeling, great scenery, and at least for a weekend....a bunch of EB brothers having some fun!

If you've got questions, post 'em here and we'll try and get them answered. More chatter can be had on the LEBC Facebook site or the LEBC mailing list. While this is being organized by a group of LEBC members, this is an open event to anyone who wants to show up and talk broncos, wrench on broken ones and hit the trails to see what they can do.

Last edited:

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Is this becoming an annual thing? I can't make it this year (just getting started), but maybe next year, or the year after, or the year after.....

OP
OP
broncotime

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
Is this becoming an annual thing? I can't make it this year (just getting started), but maybe next year, or the year after, or the year after.....

Maybe. It's a good time for Clayton since it gives everyone a month or so to recover from the LEBC Spring Roundup and it's early enough to beat the real heat of summer. We went last year about the same time so maybe it will become an annual trip.

Here's a few shots from last year from Cake Walk, a level 4 trail at Green Acres (Clayton). Most tough obstacles have bypasses, so don't let Aaron (red truck) and Paul (blue truck) scare you:)

Link to Green Acres map:
http://www.mudman98.com/Projects/Misc/Green Acres.pdf

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

PaulC

I'd vote for it to be annual. Somehow it makes getting the kitchen pass much easier when its "annual", versus "impromptu." I'm in this year. Can't wait.

-Paul.

aaronb68

I'd vote for it to be annual. Somehow it makes getting the kitchen pass much easier when its "annual", versus "impromptu." I'm in this year. Can't wait.

-Paul.

I agree lets make it a annual get together. I vote we do it every Fathers Day weekend?

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Looks like a great time! That red EB is awesome (the others are sweet too)! I haven't got around to joining LEBC yet but it's on the to-do list. Hopefully I'll meet some of you guys at a local gathering soon. Anyone know of a guru that lives north of Dallas in the Denton area?

OP
OP
broncotime

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
Looks like a great time! That red EB is awesome (the others are sweet too)! I haven't got around to joining LEBC yet but it's on the to-do list. Hopefully I'll meet some of you guys at a local gathering soon. Anyone know of a guru that lives north of Dallas in the Denton area?

As a matter of fact, we are planning on getting together for dinner next week. Here's the details:
Thursday, May 20 at 6:00pm
Buffalo Wild Wings
3625 Central Expressway
Suite 100
Plano, TX 75023-6926
http://www.buffalowildwings.com/

We usually get a couple of running broncos that show up and between 5-10 people that like to talk broncos.

aaronb68

LOL, running being the key word there. I could trailer mine there!;D

I'm off that day so I will try to make it. Wives usually come or not?

Last year my wife tagged along. I think this year several people will be bringing their entire family.

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If your not on the LEBC mail list and are going, we're having a t-shirt made for the trip. You can email for the graphics and detail. etsai@tx.rr.com

Eugene

wdbowers

Loc.
Ada, Ok
if there would posibly be an open seat I would try to come, I have been to the last two OCBR without mine so some of you might remember me, I usually ride with BIGED there. I am only about an hour or two away from there and have never been there so I would like to se the park.

OP
OP
broncotime

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
if there would posibly be an open seat I would try to come, I have been to the last two OCBR without mine so some of you might remember me, I usually ride with BIGED there. I am only about an hour or two away from there and have never been there so I would like to se the park.
I'll probably have an open seat since I'm 99% sure that my son has his mission trip that week. There's probably others also so let me ask around and I'll PM you my contact info.

wngrog

Loc.
Canton
FYI, I just went on a scouting mission to Daisey, a new wheeling area off Hwy 43 between Stringtown and Clayton. The area is called Buck Creek and it is a 1500 acre ranch with some awesome terrain.

My group, www.blacksheep4x4.com, cut a lot of the trails at Clayton and Friellings and we went up this weekend to cut a new hardcore trail at Buck Creek.

The reason I am posting is that Buck Creek has the potential to have some of the BEST long trails in Oklahoma for rigs with bodies. Not that they are easy, but the first trail cutters were JK owners and they trails are nice and wide.

The landowner is awesome too.

Anyway, I am trying to pass this around a bit to my old TX friends so this place gets a little more attention.

Superlift if haveing a big ride there in first weekend in July so if you don't have plans, check it out.

bigjhoov

nobody
Oh, I think I see. Did you get the narrowed rig out of East Texas? Belonged to one of the Big Tex boys?

wngrog

Loc.
Canton
Oh, I think I see. Did you get the narrowed rig out of East Texas? Belonged to one of the Big Tex boys?

Yeah, Jace had it for about 4 months...threatened to part it out and put stuff in a Jimmy's buggy :mad: I had to step in and make sure this beautiful vehicle lived.

I have a pretty decent sized group of EB dudes in the area, they are trying to start something up. I came over to help ;D

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That will give me something to look forward to for next year. I'll be in D.C. for that week this year.

The East Coast Bronco Roundup is June 25-26, the weekend after Father's Day. Its less than 2 hrs from DC, wanna come? We can get you an open seat if you don't have your bronco. PM me for more info.