• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CLUSTER led bulbs

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
put a new set of LED bulbs in my cluster of project truck....0 miles and the high beam indicator inop. Tried changing out with other and still dead....anyone know where I can get a single bulb instead of complete kit again? Blue band one if that helps... 00-NfmewEdBZpaPKHQAw15duo37JUqllZL3YGr4_whos6YDr8uyMqQqm7S2Vw1JdF2RKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ.jpg

Brush Hog

Contributor
Loc.
NorCal
LED bulbs are goofy. If it was working with the non-led bulb try flipping the led bulb in the socket. Polarity matters with the LED.

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
will give it a try....weird how it was working then nothing,,,not even in other sockets now

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
Is that black wire in the top of the picture broken off of it?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
just seeing this....no, it's an additional ground I have for future accessories....

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So when you say you tried changing it out with another, do you mean that you put a known-good working bulb into the same socket and it also did not work? Or did you swap the bad bulb into another, working socket and it did not work there either?
In other words, did you try a good bulb in the high-beam indicator socket?

On another angle of the same subject, is this a colored bulb or just white? If colored, perhaps blue(?) then your high-beam indicator with it's red lens will illuminate purple. Now, maybe you want this :D but if not, you might consider either getting a standard white LED or just put the regular old incandescent back in.

Good luck.
(or if you already got it fixed, what did the trick?)

Paul

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
still have not gotten them from ebay! been a couple weeks now