• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Clutch Pedal Bracket how and where.

BBronco

Loc.
B.C Canada
It appears my clutch pedal does not have one welded to it. Maybe its not a weld on thing but that's what I have been told.

I am going to need to make my own so here it is...

-What does it look like?

-And rough dimensions if possible?

-Does it weld on or go on the little cotter pin stub?

-Where does it meet the push rod, because I need to make a hole for the rod too. Any location on the clutch rod hole, I got one thread searched saying 13" from left side towards the gas peddle and 10-3/8" from flat floor bottom up to center of hole

Should mention, 351W, NV3550

Brock

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Courtesy of TomsBroncoParts.com:

3910.jpg

OP
OP
B

BBronco

Loc.
B.C Canada
I have seen that picture and it doesn't really help my situation, it only shows how everything goes together. Looking for the specifics on the clutch pedal piece

I am not sure, my pedal looks exactly like that picture from toms, it doesn't show that little flat bar piece off the pedal

NYLES

Bronco Guru
I have seen that picture and it doesn't really help my situation, it only shows how everything goes together. Looking for the specifics on the clutch pedal piece

I am not sure, my pedal looks exactly like that picture from toms, it doesn't show that little flat bar piece off the pedal

probably a brake pedal then

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA

Yes, Toms used the wrong photo in their listing. They show a brake pedal and call it a clutch pedal.
Here's a photo of the clutch pedal. It has the tab on it. Here they call it a brake pedal by mistake. Just call and tell them what you want.
http://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/prod...kes-medium-pedal-66-77-early-ford-bronco-used

OP
OP
B

BBronco

Loc.
B.C Canada
Yes I have a brake pedal darn. Where is the hole for the clutch rod? I might just try make that piece to line up

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
If your Bronco was born with an auto tranny, there will be a knock-out on the floor board to remove for the rod to pass through. I had to enlarge mine to fit the rubber boot that came from the vendor. I just used an electricians knock-out punch.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry I didn't get a pic of that part of the pedal when I had it in my hand on Monday BB.
The metal piece in question is approx. 5/16 to 3/8 thick, bent as you see it in the first pic, and welded up to the side of the pedal arm itself.\
You can see in that first diagram that it's laid up alongside because a little corner of it protrudes into the image at the other end of the pedal bar.

Sorry I didn't get any measurements at the time. You should be able to make yours a bit longer than you might think it needs to be, then drill a couple of holes to give you some adjustability to it.

Just make sure you make sure it lines up with the hole in the floor and, more importantly still, the bellcrank arm at the engine. That's pretty easily accomplished (I would think) by placing the rod into the bellcrank and then putting it up against where your arm is going to be welded, to get proper positioning set beforehand.

I know you're working on all this now, but if you don't get it by this weekend, give me a call on Monday and I'll take some exact measurements for you.

Paul

OP
OP
B

BBronco

Loc.
B.C Canada
I already box lined over the inside and outside of the pan. are those measurements right for the rod hole?

13" from left side towards the gas peddle and 10-3/8" from flat floor bottom up to center of hole