• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

COMPLETED - Hanson Rocker Panel - MASS BUY - Nov 28th

MsMyMny

Loc.
So Cal
American Bronco Co. is pleased to announce a mass buy on the Hanson Rocker Panels

See Below for all the details

Available for:
66-77 Early Broncos

Description:
Hanson Rocker panels combine tough 3/16" steel, maximum bottom and side impact protection, and sleek styling. Panels attach easily with 5/16-18 truss head machine screws (provided) into side of tub and through body flange on the bottom or they can easily be welded in.

Hanson Rocker Panel protrude out 2 1/2" from tub for maximum door panel protection and 5" high on sides for the ultimate rocker protection.

All Early Bronco Rocker Panels are one piece.

The ends of all rockers are cut to fit stock Early Bronco’s without fender flares. The length can be trimmed to accommodate fender flares.

All products shipped bare steel.

Available Options:
Compound miter cut to match the flare angle. They are capped and ground smooth. Capping prevents the ends from distorting, as this is where the rockers will take a good percentage of hits. Capping the ends is an extra step that is worth the effort to create a much stronger rocker panel.

Construction:
All Rocker Panels - 3/16" Hot Rolled Steel

Pricing:
All Rocker panels - (All Years): $150.00 set Mitered and Capped: $250.00 set

Mass Buy requirements:
Minimum order for the mass buy is 12 sets (with or without end caps).
Price does not include shipping. You can estimate shipping at 60 pounds from area code 90650 using UPS. I can ship from California to Maine for $65.00
Lead time is two to three weeks once the mass buy has ended.
Only firm orders will be considered for the mass buy.
Mass Buy ends November 28th.

To Order:
Contact American Bronco Co. at 562-569-1991 or visit us on the web at www.americanbronco.com

Attachments

• webbrpic9.jpg
    webbrpic9.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 791
  • webbrpic3.jpg
    webbrpic3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 700
Last edited:
U

Unregistered

Price on Mass Buy

How is this pricing a deal? It seems this is the same price on their
website and on Hansons?

OP
OP
MsMyMny

MsMyMny

Loc.
So Cal
Simple... The price of steel has gone WAY UP! These are not continualy produced on a monthly basis like the Hanson Je*p Rockski's. Continuous production runs keep the material and labor cost down.

Even with the short production run of Hanson "Bronco" Rockski's the pricing is competitive.

Scott Merrell
www.americanbronco.com

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
Can these be installed with the AUX fuel tank in place??

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Way to go Scott. I knew you were going to do some good things. Already have mine, but will pass the word around. Hope you do well with them.

Paul

Sabas

Scott
On the Hanson Rocker Panels, what is the thickness? and is Powdercoating an option?

Howdy

Loc.
Folsom, Ca
Those would be awesome. Too bad I already have the Rock Ski's. The rock ski's are fine, but I need to really build a bar off them that sticks out to help keep my hard doors off the rocks when I wheel with them on.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, it makes a big difference for that lower portion of the door and especially fiberglass inserts! I like the shape and options on the Rock Skis too, but depends on what you do and what you're after.

Paul

Loc.
Salt Lake City
Can you tie these into the frame? Can you set the wieght of the vehicle on them and not distort the body? For highlift applications along with boulder moving apps ;D . Thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm not sure how easy it would be with the angle, but they're plenty strong enough for casual lifting purposes. Hmmm. A Hi-Lift "detent" in the front and rear ends of them might not be a bad idea! Eh Scott? Hehehe, it never ends. I've thought of doing it to mine, but haven't followed through with it.
As far as landing on them without distortion, generally that answer is yes too. I've seen plenty of hard landings on em and they get used as pivot points just about every trip. And so far none of the ones I've seen have any visible damage other than some minor scratched paint. It SOUNDED like the whole truck was destroyed! But hardly blemished the rocker panel protectors.
I imagine that you can absolutely dent them and distort the body since they're not a Star Trek force shield, but I haven't seen it happen yet.

Paul

Jimmyjames

Loc.
Romulus, AL
MsMyMny said:
Pricing Update
Rockers $150.00 a set
Capped $250.00 a set

I am not sure what is what here.

Alright the rockers are $150 a set

Is this the pic (on the right) that shows a rocker protector that is close to the body?

The Capped set is $250 a set.

Is this the pic (on the left) that shows a rocker protector that sticks out a couple of inches?

Thanks in advace.

Jimmyjames

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm sure Scott will chime in if I'm off on this, but both pictures are the same unit, just from different angles. The "capped rockers" vs. "basic rockers" is like "finished" vs. "un-finished" only we're not talkin' about paint this time.
The rocker panel protectors come "unfinished" for $150. Finished for $250.
The difference is that they come longer than many of us need because so many Broncos have different sized wheel well openings from stock or cut for the different brands and sizes of fender flares, that the truck's rocker panels are no longer a precise length and may not even be the same on both sides any more. Because of that, it would be hard for any manufacturer to make a one size fits all panel with this sculpted design since you want the "end caps" to match up with your fenders or flares. That's why you have to get a lot of measurements before buying a finished set. So if you want them to end before the flares for a certain look, or under the fender flares for full protection (by cutting the flares flush with the new panel) you can pretty much have them the way you want them.
The "capped" is done by taking the open end and cutting it at the correct compound angle and capping it off. More work than just bending the basic panel shape. So if you're into metal work and have a welder, the open end is a better deal. But for those of us that aren't so well equipped(?) the higher price is actually not such a bad deal for a super design like this. I know, easy for me to say. I bought and paid for mine quite awhile ago, but haven't had time to get them mounted and capped yet.
Although not the same, the Jeep panel is similar enough to get a general feel for. Try the Hanson website page here for more pictures: http://www.hansonenterprise.com/rockers.htm
and see if that gives you a better picture of the panels.
Hopefully I was accurate with all that stuff. If not, I'm sure someone will yell at me for causing more confusion than normally necessary.

Paul

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Hmmm.. I was planning on cutting my rusting rockers off...
These fit over the existing rocker panel?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's what they're designed to do. But I imagine you could make them become the rocker if you were handy with metal. It's not the same of course, and would lose some strength afforded by the under panels, but with reinforcing to the frame...
Hmmm.

Paul

OP
OP
MsMyMny

MsMyMny

Loc.
So Cal
0313 said:
Can you tie these into the frame? Can you set the wieght of the vehicle on them and not distort the body? For highlift applications along with boulder moving apps ;D . Thanks

These are designed to cover the stock rocker, but you can tie them into the frame if you cut out the stock rocker or cut through the header thats behind the stock rocker and get creative.
They will support the weight of the Bronco...there primary function is protection.
There are no plans to add a slot for a high-lift "yet", Great idea!

Scott Merrell
www.americanbronco.com

OP
OP
MsMyMny

MsMyMny

Loc.
So Cal
Sabas said:
Scott
On the Hanson Rocker Panels, what is the thickness? and is Powdercoating an option?

3/16" thick, plenty of backbone for anything you throw at it!! No plans to offer powdercoating, Red Oxide primer and rattle can works the best for these hard working Rockers.

If you absolutely need to have powdercoating it can be arranged.

Scott Merrell
www.americanbronco.com