• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Considering reducing amount of susp. lift

smokinjoe

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Braunfels, TX
When I grabbed my Bronco it had a 5.5" susp lift and a 3" body lift running 33s. Waaayyy too much lift for me. I took off the body lift pretty quick.

Now we were down to 33s and 5.5" susp. I traded the 33s for some 31s. No I have a 5.5" susp lift w/ cut quarters and 31s :-[. Now I am planning on returning her to uncut next winter. But now I'm thinking I'm going to scale down the lift a little too.

Running 31x10.50s, uncut. What do ya'll think 2.5" or 3.5"? I'm leaning towards 2.5"

I see no issues w/ the rear, new leafs, new shocks, new u bolts.

Up front I don't know if it's it the stock pitman arm or not, I would assume it's replaced w/ a drop arm on a 5.5" lift, right?

What else would ya'll recco I do some homework on. If the track bar was changed to adjustable I could keep that w/ a 2.5" right?

Do people usually add longer driveshafts on a 5.5"? Would I need new or shorter driveshafts?

Shock hoops should be good to go, no issues there. What other things am I forgetting about checking/changingfrom a 5.5" to a 3.5" suspension lift?

Looking at a Stage 2 kit from Tom's. This more of a cruiser than will occasionally see some dirt roads while hunting.

75junebug

Loc.
NW Houston Tx
My 2" BL provides just enough clearance for my 351W...But i had to get creative to get an air cleaner that breaths right. I don't think it would work if I was running any of the vendors versions of HD motor mounts... And when I was EFI the hood would crunch the TPS if I didn't pad it. Thats the only reason why I went 2" instead of 1" BL with my 3.5 SL and 35" tires.