• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Contacting previous owners

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I am the fifth owner of my Bronco. I know this because when I purchased it the guy said "hold on I think I have some old papers you can have" he went inside and brought out a file stuffed with old receipts. When I got home I started going through the receipts and grouping them according to owner and year. With a list of names in hand I put on my detective hat and and started goggling/LexisNexis and was able to get phone numbers to every previous owner. I called and unfortunately the original owner has passed away (CA). His wife then sold it to a college professor (CA). The Professor then sold it to a nice gentleman in (NV). It was then sold to the guy I bought it from (UT). When I contacted the guy in Nevada he sent me some pictures of him and his son working on the Bronco and filled me in on a lot of the history. I also found out that he was the one who took out the air conditioning (and through it away). I now have a complete history of everything that was done to the truck and who did it.

I'm just wondering how many other people are able to get a hold of the previous owners and find out information about their Bronco.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I have the email to the guy i bought mine from. I sent him some pics of the build up every time i changed something major....never got a reply though

Johnny

Only thing I know about the guy that use to own mine is he's some nut that lives on an Island in Maryland...

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I have the email to the guy i bought mine from. I sent him some pics of the build up every time i changed something major....never got a reply though

Ha - I did the same thing - no reply... Damn whippersnappers

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I'd say one of the classic cars I have owned has ever come with any kind of paper trail. The guy I bought my 1964-1/2 Mustang from swore he was the original owner. Funny that a few months later, as I was rooting through the car I found the original owner's manual with the original owner's name and address in it along with the VIN and plate number - wasn't the guy I bought it from. Go figure - a guy selling a vehicle not being truthful. What a shocker.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Well for my 73 I dont need a paper trail I know exactly whats been done to it and where its been all its life. Sometimes its nice to know the info but really in the end it doesnt make much a differance you have what you have.

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I know in some classic car circles having a well documented vehicle can bring substantially more when it comes time to sell.

AWS

Loc.
ST LOUIS
Everytime I call his cell phone my pocket starts ringing!
Steve Wippersnapper

Pony2

Loc.
Lenoir City Tn.
Nice to know where and whats been done to youre truck. I know im the second owner, seen the pics and have the trade in info from my po. He traded a 66 Ford pickup on it.He also drove it everywhere from Kentucky to Canada hunting even up rivers!

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
I bought mine from a "Bronco family" after the father passed away. His son (who owned a Baja at the time) kept and restored a '72 half cab, and I was able to become the owner of his trusty Ranger.

Eventually I found copies of both a book and a magazine article about him and his small collection.

Every now and then I'll send an e-mail to the son, and he always tells me he's glad that I'm taking good care of "Dad's favorite."

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I am actually kind of glad the PO of my Bronco has stopped emailing me to check on his "baby". It was cool to have him as a reference since he'd owned it for 10 or 11 years, but it was very obvious he didn't want to sell it the day I picked it up. Now almost nothing is the same as it was anyway so who needs him!

muskrat

Bronco Guru
I'm lucky. I'm the second owner. My PO bought it in '74 when he got back from Viet Nam. He put on 295K miles when I bought it. He did a frame on restoration, rebuilt motor, tranny, transfer case, and really pampered it. I have all the records, along with the original window stickers, sales order sheet from dealer, accessories installed document, etc. I always send him pics of car shows MEB events, etc. He's thanks me for it everytime.

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I'm lucky. I'm the second owner. My PO bought it in '74 when he got back from Viet Nam. He put on 295K miles when I bought it. He did a frame on restoration, rebuilt motor, tranny, transfer case, and really pampered it. I have all the records, along with the original window stickers, sales order sheet from dealer, accessories installed document, etc. I always send him pics of car shows MEB events, etc. He's thanks me for it everytime.

That is really cool! It sounds like you have a nice Bronco.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to find the current owner of a Bronco I used to own? I would love to find my first Bronco and see if it's still alive and maybe for sale.

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to find the current owner of a Bronco I used to own? I would love to find my first Bronco and see if it's still alive and maybe for sale.

I would also be intrested in somthing like that. The DMV???