• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Corbeau RS seats and their Bronco sliders experience?

bosshoff

Contributor
I am looking at Corbeau RS seats and their Bronco sliders. Anyone recommend these? I see lots of threads for sale, but not a lot of install pics yet. I obviously don't want something that sits to high above the floor. I know we have a sponsored vendor who sells these. I would like to know if you installed them, how did it go? Do you like them? Are they too tall? Do you have any pics to share? I have never sat n them, and would like to virtually kick the tires through your experience before dropping a grand. Thanks.

Jamie Chriss

I have the Sport Seat, but I believe they all use the same sliders. I don't think they will add any significant height to your seat. My concern was height, I wanted the lowest and narrowest seat I could find since I had a center console that takes up some room.

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
I just bought and received the setup that you're talking about. Planning on installing them in the next couple of weeks, I'll update with some pictures as soon as they're installed.

One thing I noticed is the brackets do not sit well on the floor. The bolts that hold the bracket together stick down below the bottom standard of the bracket. It looks like I'll need a half inch or so spacer on the driver side to get the bracket installed level and flat.

The passenger side bracket is not pre-drilled and has the same problem with bolt sticking down the driver side bracket does.

I'm concerned with the seating position as well. I'm average height, 5'10", and I definitely don't want to be looking straight at my windshield wiper!

It also looks to me as if the passenger seat might be too far inboard without modifying the bracket. Not sure about this yet.

This is my second try at seats by the way, got some Tom's seats and I just didn't like them.

JSBX

Contributor
Like Johnnyb said the bolts that hold the bracket and slider together is a problem. The head of the bolt will set on the floor. I drilled the holes out on the bottom of the bracket with a counter sink drill bit and used flathead bolts that fit flush with the bottom of the bracket. This will keep the seat as low as possible. I have the XRS in a half cab Bronco and they fit great and are very comfortable. I think I had some problems bolting the brackets to the floor, but it was doable. I don't remember what the problem was but must not have been too bad.

OP
OP
bosshoff

bosshoff

Contributor
Thanks guys. I am also now shopping for the Mastercraft RS models with headrests. Way more money, but oh well.

MonsterBIlly

I have them. They are 2 years old at least. THey are comfy. However the bottom bolsters are a little high so they tend to jam up your poop shoot on the way in and out.
Also they fade pretty easy. Mine faded bad. I actually bought some fabric paint and painted them about 6 months ago. They look almost new now.

and as sated above, they mounting brackets sucks. I had to make some spacers but in the end. I like them. especially for the price. I would add the heaters if i had it to do ovr again.