• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

correct plug gap

ltatro

Loc.
Michigan
Guy's at the local shop talked me into Autolite double platinum plugs, I know should have went with just plain old plugs. Since I'm running a points ignition should these be gapped at .32, they recommend a gap of .55, seems awful wide for a basic standard ignition.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I'm not too sure about all those crazy plugs out there on the market BUT, I did notice you said points with a newer 5.0. Is that a roller cam engine ? Did you change distributor gears ?

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
I'd stick with the narrow gap unless you install something hotter that will jump .055.

OP
OP
L

ltatro

Loc.
Michigan
I think the narrow gap would be better as well, it's a totally stock points ignition system with the exception of being dual points. When I looked at the plugs tonight it appears that the burn is uneven across the ceramic tip, half the tip is gray, the other half white.