• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

cracked head rebuilt motor

G

I bought a 69 bronco off E-Bay, boy was has that turned out to be a bad idea.I was replacing the cracked Dana 20 and replacing all the seals from the oil pan back when I see anti-freeze coming out of the back of the head. When I dug into the motor to see how bad it was I found out not only is the head unrepairable but the timing chain had a good 1/2 to 3/4 inches of play. Very Loose. So I have decided to replace the entire motor. I called Ford and they use Jasper motors so I have to give them the lead in my decision. I have also been told ATK was also a good rebuilder. Has anyone used either or do you have any input before I make a big decision in where I go with my 69.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I have talked to a couple of people who have used Jasper engines and have had good luck with them. Where are you located? Someone here might know of a better place for engines if you post your location.