• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Custom Autosound Undercover II Speakers Install

SouthPaw74

Contributor
Loc.
South Florida
I am currently installing the Retrosound Huntington Radio with the Retrosound replacement dash speaker. I wanted to share what I did for the rear speakers. I like the fact that they will be somewhat hidden and didn't require any modifications to the interior panels or trim. I connected all the wires last night and was very pleased with the sound. Will update once everything is reinstalled and back on the road!

IMG_5446.jpg IMG_5447.jpg

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Does the rear seat vibrate with the bass up? Might be interesting to sit in the back!

syndicate1

Contributor
Does the direction that the tweeter is facing make a difference in sound quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
so these have a built in amp? they just wire directly up to your head unit with no power source?

OP
OP
SouthPaw74

SouthPaw74

Contributor
Loc.
South Florida
so these have a built in amp? they just wire directly up to your head unit with no power source?
There is an amp you can get for the radio, but I just wired the speakers directly to the radio wiring harness. Good sound even without the amp!

syndicate1

Contributor
The install look perfect, very clean!
Couple questions -

Is the music clear when you turn the stereo fader to the rear only (no front speaker)?

Off topic, I'm in the middle of installing a new ginger interior... Your rear armrests look like they're in perfect condition... Are they original or new and painted? If they're new and painted, what paint did you use?

OP
OP
SouthPaw74

SouthPaw74

Contributor
Loc.
South Florida
The install look perfect, very clean!
Couple questions -

Is the music clear when you turn the stereo fader to the rear only (no front speaker)?

Off topic, I'm in the middle of installing a new ginger interior... Your rear armrests look like they're in perfect condition... Are they original or new and painted? If they're new and painted, what paint did you use?
Thank you! I think the sound is very clear considering no amp and the sub woofers are facing down towards the floor. I tested the fade front to rear and left to right. Very pleased with the outcome!

The arm rests for the rear are original and not painted.

On another note, what wheels are you running? I like that look and know there are several versions out there from MT to Pacer and Pro Comp.

syndicate1

Contributor
Thank you! I think the sound is very clear considering no amp and the sub woofers are facing down towards the floor. I tested the fade front to rear and left to right. Very pleased with the outcome!

The arm rests for the rear are original and not painted.

On another note, what wheels are you running? I like that look and know there are several versions out there from MT to Pacer and Pro Comp.

My wheels are Pro Comp 69 Series, 15x8 on 32” BFG KO2’s and a WH stock suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk