• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

D44 Stub axle O.D.

G

Hey Guys. Yes I know, just another guest! <br>But I need your help. Can anyone tell me the outside diameter of the Dana 44 stub axle? You know the short axle from the u joint out beyond the steering knuckle. I want to find a lip type seal to fit inside the spindle to protect that Torrington bearing better than the rubber washer/flapper design that is in there now. I'm trying to avoid tearing mine down just to measure.<br>Thanks <br>Garrett

hotrodbronco

Loc.
Athens, GA
I don't know, but I have one at home I can measure. Don't give up, because when you find a suitable seal, I want the part number ;)<br><br>and by the way, register, its free, easy, and makes you feel all warm and gooey on the inside.<br><br>chum