• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dakota Digital gauge panel functionality

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I was wondering about the experiences from Bronco owners who have installed a Dakota Digital VHX gauge panel.
Is the panel easy to see day and night?
Any problems with installation/calibration?
Quality of the product?

I'm looking at a Dakota Digital gauge package for my '62 Falcon project.

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
VHX Dash

blubucjaroo,

I absolutely love my Dakota Digital VHX gauges. They are easily seen day and night. Typical of the Bronco and the steering wheel is in the way some of the time. Otherwise an excellent product with excellent Customer Service. I would buy from them again with no second thought. Hope the dash for your '62 comes out the same.

v/r,

Mike

Last edited:

tbratz

I like mine and think it was one of my better upgrades. The installation is pretty straight forward. I went with the optional GPS module for the speedo and it also lets you add an outside temp and compass. I did have a problem with the GPS signal that would stop about every 500 miles and the customer service sucked. After a dozen phone calls over the two year warranty period, I was given the same trouble shooting procedure and told to call back. I was even told at one point when I saked for a new module that the last thing they do is warranty out a product for a new one. Eventually I ended up buying a new GPS module and it has worked fine since. Overall, I like the system and would buy it again.

Dbteak

I have 60,000 miles on mine and it has never missed a beat. I like the programable speedometer and gas gauge. I would also use one again.

Digger556

Love mine. Great functionality. I'm using an electronic VSS on the Atlas and the speedo is perfect. Love having an engine hr meter, duel trips, nice warning lights. It even has a wait-to-start I'm going to hook up with the diesel swap.

Visibility is good, minus typical steering wheel blockage.