• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dana 20 question

ltatro

Loc.
Michigan
OK, I managed to drop this thing for the second time. This time to repair a bad seal. Trans fluid is filling my case. The manual makes it look like the gear cluster comes out with the adapter housing, mine didn't. Housing came off but the shaft and gear cluster are still on the TC. I don't see a spring clip or anything. Anyone that can help me get this thing apart so I can fix the seal. Tater

Attachments

• dana.jpg
    dana.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 75

Broncobowsher

Contributor
Total hack
From the inside of the T-case, push the shaft, bearing and seal out the front. Then you will see what is holding it together.

OP
OP
L

ltatro

Loc.
Michigan
Thanks Broncobowsher, opened up the inspection plate and with a little umph it popped right out. Thanks for the help!