• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dana 30 Hubs and Spindles

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I need hubs and spindles for a Dana 30 to mount tires on to haul another Bronco home. A local guy has a 30 which is supposed to be out of a Jeep. Are they all the same? Will these hubs and spindles work for the 68 Bronco axle (other than maybe the bolt pattern for the wheels)?

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am having trouble finding these parts. Could some of you parts gurus help me out? I am getting a little nervous with winter coming and the '68 halfcab that I bought it sitting up in NORTHERN Minnesota. Are there hubs and spindles off anything else that I could pick up just to get this baby on and off the car dolly? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hoppy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gresham, OR
Toms Bronco Parts usually has some good used ones
shipping might sour the deal

A good rollback operator could get the bronco on his deck and tow it home
just a thought

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I need hubs and spindles for a Dana 30 to mount tires on to haul another Bronco home).

They are also available new still, from many sources. Is this a parts Bronco, or are you going to be keeping it as a fixer? If a fixer, then new might not be a bad thing. Of course, if it's just for parts and to be scrapped later, then it's a shame to put new on it just to get it to your place.
Then again, they can be re-used later too

A local guy has a 30 which is supposed to be out of a Jeep. Are they all the same? Will these hubs and spindles work for the 68 Bronco axle (other than maybe the bolt pattern for the wheels)?

Depends on the year of the Jeep. Oder CJ's used the same bolt pattern for the wheels, but I don't think the spindles are a direct replacement for the Bronco. I don't know that for a fact though, as GM spindles from their trucks with Dana 44's will bolt right up, using a Ford hub and rotor, to disc brake conversions.
Someone might know about the Jeep stuff, but again, it depends on the year model. Anything after the '87 YJ won't work though, I'm pretty certain.

Maybe the info is here on MrN's site: http://77cj.littlekeylime.com/web_rs44.html

We use it as a 44 reference point, but maybe it's got some 30 info on it as well?
Good luck.

Paul

brewchief

The chevy brake conversion works with both the 30 and 44 right? I would think that any dana 44 drum brake or chevy disc brake spindle should bolt up, shouldn't be to hard to find a set of spindles and hubs off of a drum brake 44 that are leftover from a disc conversion. If all else fails I think I still have my old parts, shipping might not be cheap though.