• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

dana 44 spindles

cag119

Hi All,

Hopefully you guys are all up at Big Bear for the 50th! I'll head up tomorrow. I'm putting a new full width dana 44 in out of a 77 f 150. I bought new spindles from Yukon -https://www.yukongear.com/productdetails.aspx?ProdID=6203 with these bearings -https://www.napaonline.com/napa/en/p/BRGBR37/ Everything says it fits but i don't think it does. The spindles are stepped in diameter, anyone have any experience on which bearings to use and do the bearings go all the way up agains the spindle backing or do they stop on one of the steps?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I think your on the correct track.. I did the chevy & AS I see it your doing the ford. But that looks correct . I also have a 1980 Bronco that I've packed the bearings on 40 times. So I'll say you have a part list .. I'll give this from memory .. as I had a parts store from 1967 to 1995 .
.. Memory.. Getting veg.
.. BCA A45 & A37 BEARINGS . NO PROBLEM 1980+ FORDS 1/2 TONS 4X4'S.
.. National seals 4250S.
.. BCA . NO. SBK1A from NAPA. NAPA's has 4 items in box others only have 3.
.. Spindles 708235X ....DANA. NO that number is for the chevy .sorry.
.. Brakes pad ...any D56'S. OR JUST 1980 + PADS, ROTORS, HOSES, MOST GOOD PARTS HOUSES WILL STILL HAVE THESE.

SHX669

Bronco Guru
Well - the last "step" next to the spindle flange is where the rubber lip of the inner seal sits.

OP
OP
C

cag119

I had the wrong spindles. I guess there were two types and it seams like every time i picked the wrong ones.
For future reference.
Wrong Yukon spindle - YP SP706552
Right Yukon spindle - YP SP700004