• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Daughter and Dad '74 restoration

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I use an empty contact lens solution bottle filled with gas to prime carbs and squirt into the throat of the carb. Decent way to push fuel down the vent tube into the bowl and meter to start.

Yup. Always a good idea to keep it clean, but that is way to fancy. I generally just cut a water bottle in half and pour some gas in there so it's easy to handle. ;D

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
use a bottle with a spout like a ketchup / mustard bottle from the Berger joint, clean it out and fill it with gas. then stab it into the carb vent till it squirts out the vent. let it sit over night. then in the morning top off the fuel vent again and do your start again. I do not recommend using starting fluid unless it is used to check if the engine is sparking that is just a little blast to see if it pops. then its all gas from there. allot of damage has been done misusing starting sprays. especially your since it has been sitting for years.