• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

DD/Trail pony Early Bronco build **Cobra EFI it LIVES**

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Looks good with the paint on the sliders and the front bumper on buddy! Good luck and godspeed. Drop me a line if you need anything or want me to fire it up from time to time to keep'er sealed up.

Fungus

Thanks Bro I may hit you up to give her a start up every month or so. Its gonna stay in the car port the whole time, I'm a little worried about that. I heard a real hooligan is gonna move in a few doors down from me and worse of all he likes broncos!

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
Thanks Bro I may hit you up to give her a start up every month or so. Its gonna stay in the car port the whole time, I'm a little worried about that. I heard a real hooligan is gonna move in a few doors down from me and worse of all he likes broncos!

Haha! Yeah, you might have a few tickets in the center console waiting for you when you get back...%);D

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Haha! Yeah, you might have a few tickets in the center console waiting for you when you get back...%);D

Hey I already lost two points in the Subaru! looking at it now it's kinda silly looking cause I didn't have time to paint the rear bumper, Oh well. Gotta run a hose out there for Nicole to spray the salt off it weekly, she promised to keep up on it.

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
Hey I already lost two points in the Subaru! looking at it now it's kinda silly looking cause I didn't have time to paint the rear bumper, Oh well. Gotta run a hose out there for Nicole to spray the salt off it weekly, she promised to keep up on it.

Yeah but, she'll be a little busy herself ohhhh GIVING BIRTH and taking care of a newborn.:eek: More than happy to help out while you're gone bro.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Yeah but, she'll be a little busy herself ohhhh GIVING BIRTH and taking care of a newborn.:eek: More than happy to help out while you're gone bro.

You have a small point there, keys are on the moose key hook inside the front door.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Hey man don't worry about the Bronco, you have some good Bronco brothers there to watch over it. You just worry about keeping your head down and returning safely.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Dont know when u getn back but I will be in afgan early next year. Sure would be nice to climb them mountains over there in our EBs, minus the bullets, IEDs and mortars. Stay safe!

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Dont know when u getn back but I will be in afgan early next year. Sure would be nice to climb them mountains over there in our EBs, minus the bullets, IEDs and mortars. Stay safe!

We may pass in transit! Looks like I will be leaving in Dec timeframe. Keep me updated, it would be killer if I ran into another EB nut out here!

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Bringing the thread back from the dead.

Got home from Afghanistan a little while ago and started work on the bronco again. There is not much picture wise to show but I have been busy. Today I finally got the gears on the fucking 9 inch from hell done with the detroit installed. I got the rest of the old window tracks cut out and doors ready for the new bolt in soft windows. Cut and shortened the front shaft and got the motor cleaned up and prepped for install. Big thanks to a buddy who works at Duff. He really saved my ass, who would have know Summit would have 9 inch pinion bearings on back order. WTF...

Attachments

• IMAG0207.jpg
    IMAG0207.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 150
  • IMAG0211.jpg
    IMAG0211.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 146
OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Thanks. I am kind of pissed about yesterday, it was a real pain. I have never setup a 9 with the solid spacer and all I knew was about crush sleeves. Durring the whole time no matter what I did I kept having the same amount of slop and no preload on the pinion. Turns out the whole time that the yoke was bottoming out on the splines of the pinion. Once I added a spacer between the bearing and the yoke I had preload.So this means I need to machine down the yoke or make spacer for it. Right now I am leaning towards spacer because if I blow up a yoke I will have to machine it's counterpart instead of just trq it down.

Last edited:
OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Got to drive a bit today, Love the new gears and the detroit. Also installed the soft door windows on the steel doors

Attachments

• IMAG0233.jpg
    IMAG0233.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMAG0234.jpg
    IMAG0234.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 108