• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

degreed radius arm bushings

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
It has been around 20 years since I installed poly bushings and now the two radius arm bushings are toast so i am getting ready to replace them with some WH degreed rubber bushings. Like I said it has been since my frame off so this time it will be done body on. Are there any tips to doing this before I get started. My rig also has the Duff adjustable brackets. I assume that all that I need to do is put it up on jack stands, unbolt the large nuts on the ends of the radius arms and move the 44 slightly foreward. any input will be appreciated.

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
I would disconnect the trac bar, to make it easier to pull forward. Just curious why you are putting degree bushings instead of normal ones, since you have the Duffy adjustable brackets? I have them, and my angle is not to bad.

OP
OP
tatersalad

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
There is still an angle with the adjustable. I bought them a while back though, haven't looked at them in a while, maybe I actually bought the regular rubber ones. Thanks for the advice.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... I thought the Adjustable Brackets unbolted and came completely off the frame. If that's so then you'd not need to move the axle at all. But when I have had to move my front axle I've pulled it forward with a come along.
... & I guess I'll catch heck here for this comment.. But on my 1980 Bronco I've run and extra heavy washer on the front side of that bushing to push the axle forward just slightly.. It made my Bronco run down the road easier. Harder to break over to turn right of left but it sure cruised straight down the road easier. I was driving it out to a big ranch in Ft Stockton about a 400 mile trip. I was taking a 14 year old boy to see his dad about every 2 weeks.
... But I dough you'd need that trick.