• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

differences between bronco and jeep d30?

weps

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Switzerland
i've searched the web, but havent found a good source of info on how the two compare. mainly im interested in know which parts are interchangable. i have a coupld d30 items to sell and it seems as if the demand for jeep d30 parts are much higher than for anything listed as bronco on ebay.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
When I killed my 30, I gutted it. Gave the posi away to a frien to put into a Luv truck with a 30 in it. He thought he could find enough parts to rebuild it.

The innards should be interchangable (case, gears, etc.)
The shafts will be specific to the length of the Bronco, but you might get lucky.
Bronco ran king pins in the 30. Jeeps that I have seen were either old closed knuckle or ball joint. So I doubt anything there will work.
Knuckles out might work. The bolt pattern is the same, the brakes might be bigger, and you will get away from the flanged hub and go with the truck style internal hub.

OP
OP
weps

weps

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Switzerland
yea. i get the impression the stuff is useless for the most part and not really worth the time or effort to try to sell.