• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

divorced 205 broken

cuz1

Loc.
Raleigh NC
I tore out the input shaft to the 205 in my mud truck. Who makes an after market one that is stronger?

bleeding.jpg

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Congrats, that's pretty impressive! I don't know who or if one exists in aftermarket. If you can't get an aftermarket one, maybe get one cryoed?

360 4V

I agree to getting a stock one crogenically treated. I would get it heat treated then I would soak it in nitrogen at -300 F.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Carl, Drive Train Specialties sells the 1410-series 205 yokes but not the billet versions that they sell for Dana axles and the like. What series are you running that broke?

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Looks like they offer a stronger output shaft but not sure on the input. Check them out.

http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/transfercaseparts.htm

Nice rig though. Looks like she's bleeding.:cry:

It's a Ford output because the Dodge and Chevy outputs are smaller spline count, the Fords have always been 32.

Sorry, but you can try having the output cyro'd but you are now in ProFab or Atlas territory...

360 4V

Is a Stak Monsterbox 3 speed as strong as an Atlas or NP 205? If I remember right there is an early Bronco specific Stak Monsterbox.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Is the Atlas as strong as a 205? I was kinda under the impression that the 205 was stronger!

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is the Atlas as strong as a 205? I was kinda under the impression that the 205 was stronger!

Good question. The 205 is an incredibly stout beast.

And are the Atlas or Stak boxes available in a divorced-mount configuration?

OP
OP
cuz1

cuz1

Loc.
Raleigh NC
Thanks guys for the input. I had a prefab drop box but opted for the 205 because I had it twin sticked. With a spool in the front end I could take the front out of gear and move around the track easily. I guess I should have used it.

I am also running a power glide tranny and think I will go back to the c6. For now just going to fix what I have so I can take it to the Super Celebration later this month.