• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Do you guys prefer the look of HALF CAB? over the full hard top?

markperry

Bronco Guru
I say do what you want no matter what the resale value is! Unless you are building your Bronco to sell it,don't worry about the resale! I prefer the Half Cab myself.

Deano

Bronco Guru
Hey Ben you made a stretch you could stretch a half cab to fit stretch!

Oildog

Loc.
AJ
I've always liked the look of the half cab over the full hard top. Only problem for me was the lack of leg room for my 6'4" frame. Still wish I had the one I sold a few years back though :cool:

nathan.hall1

Loc.
Central Washington
I personally love the 1/2 cab look, it has the look of a pure pick up truck. And like Alan Jackson sang, there something women love about a pick up man.

That was Joe Diffie that sings that song FYI

I love the half cab, I don't have one for the same reason I don't have a corvette lol but they are really cool

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
my fav. 1/2 cab .... luv this look and color .........

Attachments

• DSCN2126.jpg
    DSCN2126.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN2127.jpg
    DSCN2127.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN2128.jpg
    DSCN2128.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 82

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I love the half cab look, but for what I want to do I'm not sure it's practical, which is probably what a lot of owners struggle with.

I think you pretty much made the case right there.
I love the look of a half cab but it's just not practical.
Still love that look though. It is infact that look that most
attracted me to the eb.

Punisher

I love the look of the half cabs. Reminds me of the old stomper toys.
I like the room of the full cab for the kids and dog. But if I ever do another one ill try to find a half cab.

Last edited:

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
my fav. 1/2 cab .... luv this look and color .........

That's a pretty sweet HC right there... great window work; I might try to copy that some day. BTW, when you build an extended one like that from a full top, it gives you another 6" of leg room.

rhino2104

I love the half cab look over the full cab loom and would live to have one someday and I still kick myself for not buying the one that I found a few years back for less than $3k. However, I will end up with a full cab first because of the functionality of it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have both. I always wanted a halfcab myself. The first pic is when I bought it. The second pic is what I have done in the last couple years.

The third pic is in restoration process....stay tuned. Will be done at the Bronco Connection here in another few weeks...I hope! :-X

Attachments

• red1.JPG
    red1.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 100_6930.jpg
    100_6930.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5454.jpg
    IMG_5454.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 52

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Me like'em tooo.My first two eb's were halves....,but I like the look of a soft top the best to tell ya the truth.

Ranchtruck

Half cabs look great!!! There just isn't a lot of room inside.

There's enough room for all 6'4" 270lbs of me in a halfcab with a stock seat if the steering wheel and shifter issues are fixed. The stock wheel was rubbing the top of my legs and the 3spd floor shifter was digging into the underside of my knee. A tilt wheel and a ZF5 fixed both those problems and it's comfortable to drive in there now.

Halfcabs just look well balanced, the bed is the same length as the hood.
PIC00007.JPG