• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone know who makes these rockskis?

Case

they look like they are made of fiberglass and i would quiestion how strong they might be. Unless there is some steel under them.

mitzel

Contributor
Loc.
Googleplex
those look like they might be the hanson enterprises rock skis. I think the hanson skis
are made from 3/16" plate. you gotta trim them to length and then weld to cap off the ends.
I've seen a couple broncos with them and they're pretty sweet. they provide similar
protection to the bottom of the rocker like the BC rock skis but the 2" stick out to the side
can provide a bit more clearance to protect your doors from side obstacles.
ron boggs @ sierra bronco is reselling them
<http://www.sierrabronco.com/vShoppingCart-PayPal/rockski.htm> or
give hanson's a call directly.

BRONKEN

Loc.
Morgan Hill, Ca
Yes those are hanson's and yes they are made from 3/16" steel. Like was stated before you have to cut to length & cap the ends yourself. call Wayne at 831-757-9779 and tell him Ken sent you. That happens to be my bronco in the picture. ;D

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Rock Skis is a trademark name belonging to Chuck at BC Broncos. Don't use the term to refer to other rocker panel products.

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just mounted chucks rock skis. After looking at these units I don't see them wrapping under the rocker. It looks like the rocker panel still has to support the weight. Chucks ski's straddle the rocker panel and the weight is distributed on both sides of the panel Does this really mount to the sheetmetal with rivets and then to the pinch weld in the front only. It looks nmore like a nerf bar to me. I hope I get corrected on this.

red67

Loc.
Austin Texas
Skuzzlebutt said:
Rock Skis is a trademark name belonging to Chuck at BC Broncos. Don't use the term to refer to other rocker panel products.

Well... I think the term has become similar to "Kleenex" + tissue, and "Q-tip" + cotton swab.%)

;D

BRONKEN

Loc.
Morgan Hill, Ca
They do wrap under and also attach to the pinch weld. I have had them on the rubicon twice with a couple of good hits & no damage to the body. I was a little concerned about the sheet metal taking all that force but no problem at all. I still may add some more support just to be safe.

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
Skuzzlebutt said:

Is the term "Rock Ski's" trade-marked?????!!?!?!?! C'mon!!%) %)

Dusty

Bronco Guru
El Jefe said:
Is the term "Rock Ski's" trade-marked?????!!?!?!?! C'mon!!%) %)

As a matter of fact it is. Chuck owns it. Unlike the inventors of Kleenex and Band-Aids, we all know Chuck, many of us personally. So its not a legal issue but rather a courtesy that many of us extend to Chuck as a friend, and as a respected member of this forum and the Bronco community that we refrain from contributing to diluting one of his brands.

Dusty

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I don't want to dilute anything chuck has worked for but the fact is that Mr. Skuzzlebutt could use a lesson in manners. The word "Please" would not have been to hard to use in his response.

Enough Said....