• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

does this look right?

crutch

I'm swapping trannys and while its out I figured I would replace real main seal since its been leaking. I pulled the oil pan and the Pistons look like they have cracked rough edges. I'm a newbie so not sure exactly what it should look like but this doesn't seem good. Note that prior to disassembly this stock 302 was running good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Unless I am missing something in the photo, I think they are okay, here is a few pics of pistons I have removed from a good motor. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• IMG_3859.jpg
    IMG_3859.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3860.jpg
    IMG_3860.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
crutch

crutch

This does help. Looks like the rough edges on the taper are normal? When I first saw them it just seemed like they should be smooth. Thanks.

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Your all good. Unless the sides or cylinder walls are grooved. Down there don't matter.