• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door parts installation

Concrete

Hello, I’m about to instal all new door guts. handles and rods. The guy who built body and painted it. He installed the glass and regulators. I have to take it from here. Are there any good videos or instructions? Thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was able to remove the latches on my '68 doors by unbolting the track, but thankfully did not have to remove it entirely. It was tight and it wasn't pleasant, but it came out.
Never had them out on my '71 so I don't know if any minor changes other than the welded frames took place that would make it different.

Sorry I don't have any further insight regarding videos or other resources Concrete. But Steve's diagrams are pretty detailed and should at least get you where you're going.

Paul

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Hello, I’m about to instal all new door guts. handles and rods. The guy who built body and painted it. He installed the glass and regulators. I have to take it from here. Are there any good videos or instructions? Thanks
A video would be great. You should do one if you can.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
I just finished replacing all of my locks, handles and latches. Best advice is to install the plastic clips into all mechanisms before mounting them to the bronco because it is miserable on your back from having to contort your body to get your hands inside those doors. One other thing… you can feed the outside door handle assembly into position without removing the pivot pin. It just takes a bit of patience. Also lube everything with white lithium grease.