• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dropped 2500 in the bronco this weekend~ Need backup!

VBH289

Loc.
Colorado
I decided I need to make a great push on the progress of my bronco, had alot of things I wanted to do, but didn't think I would get to. Well, then got a crazy hair and bought WH variable rate springs, and duff'd the rest of the suspention, then bought everything I could find for my AOD install to finally get that out of the way, and as I sit here, semi sick, semi excided, I was wondering if this was a smart way to go about this... Any feed back? and I will be posting pics of everything as it happens, so until then... hehehe, bronco time! ;D

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
You have done the right thing and keep in mind, some people buy drugs with that kind of money and have nothing to show for it on down the road, where you will and also have a much better ride down the road too !

OP
OP
VBH289

VBH289

Loc.
Colorado
Here is my suspention setup:
WH pre runner front coils
international vairable rate leafs
Duff origional shock hoops
Duff track bar drop
Duff drop pitman arm
superlift shocks
12" extended radius arms

AOD setup:
Perma Cool thinline trans cooler
B&M mega shifter
TCI tq converter
B&M transmission pan +3qts
low gear set
transpack
:-X :) ;D

M

Miley

Let me guess....

You kept trying to get those coils in the front with the original bushing'd arms and said "F" it!! "If I had those extended arms this would be a lot easier!"

And then it all just kinda of piled up from there, huh? Been there done that. You start telling yourself... "Self, if you gonna order this stuff, you may as well order it all at once and save on shipping" right?

;D ;D ;D

With the right amount of time and alcohol, I can justify just about anything!

James

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congrats on pulling the purchase trigger. I just did the same thing, suspension and tires and wheels, about the same amount of money.

You have to keep your priorities in order, electric bill (to run your welder....etc), then Bronco parts.

Good luck with the intall.

Krawln68

Loc.
Newark, CA
I know how you feel mine has come in big chunks as well. First it was lift-tires-tranny-power steering. Then came new power brakes-front disc-rear disc. After that was new third member with ARB and 31 spline axles. Coming up next is Stonecrusher-ARB-Warn axles for front end, its never ending.............

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
JWMcCrary said:
Congrats on pulling the purchase trigger..
If thats pulling the purchase trigger than can someone please tell me how to get mine of full auto!!! ;D ;D Congrats on the stuff man. I know how you feel. I have been sick since I bought the new frame.....and lift.....and gears....and wheels.....and tires...and.....

OP
OP
VBH289

VBH289

Loc.
Colorado
Miley,
Oh yea, you know exactly what happened then! Seemings how they are your springs :)

To finish it all off, spent another 500 last night on some other things I needed, all bronco of course, but I can justify it without any booze, because I am only 20... heres my justification...

I wanted to! ;D

Sharkman

Loc.
Austin, Tx.
I know you pain. It's great making the call for the parts, then you hang up the phone and you say Oh man what did I just do. Then you look out the window for Santa in the big brown truck. Then it happens, its here and Oh boy. It is all worth while. You go to work on the beast. You drink some beer, turn some wrenches, bleed, curse, and threaten to push it over a cliff. What a great way to spend a day.

Personally I have just dropped a big chunk of coin in the last month my self. BC springs front and rear, Tranny rebuild, T-case rebuild, 31 spline axels, Complete off road 3rd member with locker, limited slip front, 4.11 gears front and rear, disk breaks, rebuilt drive shafts front and rear, power breaks, new seats. It will be all worth while when I'm in Moab in April. Can't wait.

Steve

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
ha ha ha ha ;D ;D ;D ;D VBH289 I love it man!

Dude, you just went so Johnny Mosley on those new parts. Go Big or go home!!!!! ;D

OP
OP
VBH289

VBH289

Loc.
Colorado
raleigh_bronco, I only wish I was.... n't out of cash!

Hell yea, this next two weeks is gonna be hell on me, heaven on the bronco, and to make it better, I thinks Is bees havin a new member join here shortly... Ill keep ya all posted, good for all of ya two that know what I am goin through! ;D

Attachments

• uglyhammer.gif
    uglyhammer.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 82