• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

duff extended radius arm installation

tq

Loc.
Peoria
My Directions also said 10.25, thinking that was going to be the perfect set up I did some welding so I could put some weight on the coils and axle. Long story short I should've done 10.75. I had to not put on that 1/2 thick jam nut on the heim and ended up welding on a small diameter tube perpendicular to the end of the arm, cut a slit in it, put a bolt through it and have a pinch joint on the end of the arm to keep it tight on the heim. Works perfect and is clean(there is a pic on page 2 of my gallery) don't know if that will be and option for you since your stuff is already powdercoated.

OP
OP
77bronco_ed

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
I think the 10.25 will be OK. Still not 100% complete yet.

It is starting to look like a little Monster ;)

-Ed

Last edited:
OP
OP
77bronco_ed

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
Drive shafts should be here Tuesday/Wednesday. Hopefully it will be back on the road soon.

BroncoBernie

Arms

TQ what problems did you have with the 10.25 set-up that made you change? Why .5 inches longer. Was the spring bowing? Thanks.