• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duffs Extended Radius Arm Install Question

broncbusted

Loc.
South Carolina
I am installing Duffs extended radius arms along with the 3.5" lift kit on 1976 Bronco. This is a frame off resto and I am trying to get all the bolt holes and welding done so I can paint the frame. Going by the instructions, measuring back 10.25" from the .5" threaded bolt hole in the frame, two of the holes in the rear mounting bracket have .25" holes right on the edge of where I need to drill the .5" holes to mount the bracket. I know whats going to happen when I try to drill them, the drill bit will walk right into the .25" hole! If you have installed these arms you probably know what I'm talking about,it sounds confusing and I wrote it! Anyway for anybody that has these arms installed and in use I have a question. Since the rear of the arms are adjustable any problem with going back .5 to .75" more than the 10.25" to get the .25" holes out of the way? I have done a search on the site and I see some people have only put one or two bolts and then welded them in place. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for the help

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I did not bolt mine. I Tack welded them in place and installed the arms. I pulled all my measurements and checked my wheel base. I had no hole in the frame by the mount bracket. I do not plan on bolting them. I am going to plug weld the holes where the bolts go and then weld the bracket on the sides and bottom. I do not see any reason why you could not move this bracket back if you wanted to. There is lots of adjustment in the rod end.

Bax

ransil

Bronco Guru
broncbusted said:
I am installing Duffs extended radius arms along with the 3.5" lift kit on 1976 Bronco. This is a frame off resto and I am trying to get all the bolt holes and welding done so I can paint the frame. Going by the instructions, measuring back 10.25" from the .5" threaded bolt hole in the frame, two of the holes in the rear mounting bracket have .25" holes right on the edge of where I need to drill the .5" holes to mount the bracket. I know whats going to happen when I try to drill them, the drill bit will walk right into the .25" hole! If you have installed these arms you probably know what I'm talking about,it sounds confusing and I wrote it! Anyway for anybody that has these arms installed and in use I have a question. Since the rear of the arms are adjustable any problem with going back .5 to .75" more than the 10.25" to get the .25" holes out of the way? I have done a search on the site and I see some people have only put one or two bolts and then welded them in place. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for the help

I had the same problem, mine has 1 bolt in each arm. I did weld the bracket all the way around and added a gusset. You could weld the extra hole up and them drill them.

see them here:
http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55480&page=5