• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI fuel rail flex hose replacement

WSM29

So I went to bend my fuel rail and it looks like I got the heat too close to the rubber. Got it all installed and had a leak. Took it out and I need to replace the line. Can I use regular EFI soft hose and then heat tape wrap it? Or am I SOL on this rail? Thanks!

OP
OP
WSM29

WSM29

4a165ee3afec3ecb52975b3444e6c576.jpg

OP
OP
WSM29

WSM29

Found another link and did a quick replacement. Got her fired up but I now have another issue. I'll post another thread.

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used rubber EFI. Of course I will have the same problem when I heat up my rail to bend it. Might take heat gun to warm up tubing to get it off the rail before really heating the rail itself

Hank

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Found another link and did a quick replacement. Got her fired up but I now have another issue. I'll post another thread.

Well then, after you deal with the screaming noise, post up what you did on the fuel lines please. Especially if you got it back to factory.

Thanks

Paul

OP
OP
WSM29

WSM29

I did not get it back to factory, but a few of the articles I read talked about the use of EFI rated soft hose and EFI hose clamps. I had some laying around so I made quick work of it. I wrapped the hose in heat tape since it's so close to the lower intake. Had no leaks last night while running it. I guess the factory stuff takes some special tools, and the articles I read the folks said haven't had any issues yet...

Just gotta find the screaming issue now. I have dinner with the inlaws tonight, but I'll be on it in the morning.

Ourobos

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Big Island Hawaii
Yes high pressure fuel line and hose clamps are fine. A lot of folks do exactly that when converting these 5.0 rails to work on a 351w, due to the wider deck height.