• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Electrical Connectors

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
I am looking for a source for wire harness pigtails. I need the temp sensor, gas sending unit, parking/turn signal grill mounted pigtail and socket, headlamp socket/pigtail, tail lamp socket/pigtail. Possibly a positive terminal box, for a main supply off the battery; something like a fuse box but more like a distribution terminals.

chase8266

Loc.
vegas/slc/medford,OR
most of those connectors you can p/u at napa,and other auto parts stores id try napa 1st
temp sensor connector,i just use a blue female bullet connector.widen out a little bit

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep. Some of those that might not be so readily available though, would be the stock type fuel sender sockets. If you can't find the turn signal and tail light sockets, I think Tom's Bronco and some of the other vendors sell them. They're getting them from the same places that the auto parts stores might, but they're at least going to the trouble of stocking them for us, rather than making us fight our way past the store computer that doesn't know how to look up stuff like that.

The terminal blocks and boxes that I've seen are few and far between, and not always what I would like for a particular project. I seem to end up finding the ones I like the best in the junkyard.

Good luck.

Paul

OP
OP
gearida

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
Yes I looked on line at Tom's site, didn't see any. Called Napa, they say they can order if I come in to identify the correct ones in the catalog. As you said, I kinda would like to support those who keep our industry going if possible. I stay at work 9 to 10 hours a day, it is hard to chase things down.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, I hear ya there!
Buddy just bought the turn signal and tail light sockets a month or so ago. I thought it was from Tom's, but he's been buying from BCB and Tom's a lot lately, so could be either one.
In both cases though, you only get the actual socket and wires. You would have to remove the existing ones from the housing. Which, it turned out in his case, was a no-brainer since the originals actually fell out during disassembly! Oh well.

I put them back in, but they didn't go in as nicely as I thought they would. They were sized perfectly of course, but the originals must've been partially soldered or something, since the new ones didn't have near the "press-fit" feel, once the originals came out.
For the tail lights, we ended up using a socket and a hammer to gently re-form the housing down to a tighter fit, then gave them a couple of quick MIG tack welds.
VERY CAREFULLY of course!!!

Paul