• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Electrical - Help me and I promise to take lots of pics wheeling this weekend

72_EB

66to77
Here's the story...
Help and I will make the trail ride this weekend and take lots of pictures.
Can't help and I might just get stuck at home and shoot my Bronco!
;D

This started with flashing lights---

-I tried two spare headlight swiches I had. No change.

-I tried my old voltage regulator and it did the same thing as the new Napa Mechanical regulator.

-Add a ground strap from the neg. battery terminal to body - Nada change.

This is what is happening--

Voltage is fluctuating between 13-14 volts and idle seems irratic (this seems new)

At idle lights are sound, but as I get on the gas, they start to flicker.

I'm hoping someone knows what is going on before I have to pull it all and drag it in to Napa to check both ALT and VR.

HELP! I've I miss our yearly offroad trip another year, I might do something crazy! AGHHH!

P.S. For HotWheels and whoever else---
I did have an electronic regulator on in the past. It worked up until just recently. When I pulled the cover to see if I could adjust it, I found out it was fried on one solder. When I went and got another one, it was way overcharging. Do I just throw the dice and see if the next one is within spec?

vegasbronco1

Loc.
Las Vegas, Nevada
If its just your lights your having issues with it sounds like what happened to me it turned out to be the high beam switch mounted on the floor by the e-brake. There must have been a bad conection I just cleaned the terminals and reconected it and it was fine. Hopefully that helps sound exactly like what was happening to me. Good luck