• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Electrical Issue?

Bronco Maniac

I have noticed when I honk the horn and when I turn the ignition to start the engine while the radio is playing, I get a tick sound from the radio speakers. Is this a ground issue? If so, how do I resolve the issue? Any thoughts? Not a big issue, but would like to eliminate it. Thanks.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
It could be RFI from those circuits being picked up by the radio antenna, or the radio's internal circuits; or it could be power noise not being filtered out.

What year is the Bronco, and what wiring harness does it have? What kind of radio? How is it wired in, exactly? It can't be original because the radio power should be cut during cranking. Put all the truck's details into your signature so we don't have to ask or go looking.

OP
OP
Bronco Maniac

Bronco Maniac

It does not have an antennae. 77 with a painless harness. Kenwood radio with an amp. I guess the radio is wired to the radio circuit. I can not remember.