• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Emergency Brake Diagram

AZ4x4

Loc.
Colorado Springs
So I have disc fron and drum rear with what looks like everything I need for my emergency brake. I just can't figure out how to cable it up. I am really tired of the E brake pedal flopping around and it woul d be nice to have an E brake. Does any one have a diagram or picture of how the E brake is put together? Thank you.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Beware the '76 and '77 are different from the others and even they are different from one another.

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
73 looking towards the rear. Had the trans out for a repair...

Rear2_zpsvmzm13d2.jpg

Rear4_zpsnnho1678.jpg

This diagram shows where the various E brake brackets are located that support the cables.

scan0020_zpspw9azwgm.jpg

When I was building my new floor I transferred the old brackets to the new floor.
Underside of old floor showing double bracket and pivot piece.
Floor6_zpspc0lkv11.jpg

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I always get a kick out of JAFO's hand written notes. It's hard to tell but they look like theyre either stained with blood or coffee!

mac0424

Loc.
NY
Beware the '76 and '77 are different from the others and even they are different from one another.
I have a 77' and I'm installing the Toms Off Road cables now. The cable is not secure to the drum backing plate, do you know how I can tighten the connection of the cable finger clips and the plate? TY

mac0424

Loc.
NY
I think it may be both, the cables are a little too small and it needs a washer. I wasn't sure if using a washer would be critical or not, I didn't think so, so that's the way I'll fix this issue. Thanks

bronco t

Contributor
Loc.
San Diego CA
Here is a pic of what the cable end looks like inside the brake assembly. The pic was taken ten years ago, which was the last time I had the drums off.

Note to self - do a visual on brakes!

Attachments

• IMG_0891.JPG
    IMG_0891.JPG
    215.4 KB · Views: 44