• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

engine break in - glowing header

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I am pretty sure it doesn't matter. It's just a magnetic coil. Like a relay coil, no polarity.

I'm pretty sure some of those have diodes in them so polarity is important. I've witnessed one not working until the wires were swapped.

Attachments

• IAC_connector.jpg
    IAC_connector.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 15

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Your throttle body is upside down so the IAB motor/solenoid would be in the up position, it relies on airflow to help it function, not down in your case. I would, however, flip the throttle over to make it easier to hook up the linkage. It will work either way if you want to leave it like that.

Jim W.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Did you happen to have a nice big fan blowing into the front of the vehicle?

I've seen glowing headers on both Ford and GM's when trying to use just a house box fan to break in an engine.

The last breakin I did, I used a blower fan from a HVAC unit. No problems.

67RT

Bronco Guru
I had one manifold glowing on my 440 when my timing was off and carb was a little lean.

Are you running a Cat Converter? Probably not, but if so it may be clogged on that side, or the O2 sensor?

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
I had both manifolds glowing as well. Edelbrock heads did not allow stock exhaust manifold to seal completely, allowing oxygen into exhaust... shut it down when I saw my wiring harness melt. don't want to think of what would have happened to the plastic gas line...