• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Exhaust smell really bad (Need new system)HELP!!

treihesse

Bronco Guru
Ok I cannotget this system to work right. I have a 1975 bronco and I have leaks I have smells getting into cab ( running soft top with). Where is everyone dumping out there exhaust to not smell. What kind of system are you guys running?? I need to leave some cats in place.

crankman

my 76 dumps out behind pass rear wheel, its stock for the most part with no exhaust smell and running a soft top. :)

OP
OP
treihesse

treihesse

Bronco Guru
mine is dumping under the truck right now just in front of axle

Dogdare

Where the exhaust exits made a big difference in how much exhaust blows back into my cab. Mine comes out behind the rear passenger-side tire, but is angled toward the rear, and has a slash cut end on it (an exhaust shop recommended that to me).

Herb

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Beware the rear exhaust. Mine dumped straight out the back under the bumper. I bought it from a guy in El Paso, sounded great, drove it 2 days to get it home, all the way thinking, wow, that really smells like exhaust. I had a headache for three days, CO poisoning.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Dont run it straight out the back or dump under the truck. Run it out the sides behind the rear wheels. But dont be suprised if you still smell a little exhaust.

OP
OP
treihesse

treihesse

Bronco Guru
Yeah I know I just dont want to smell like it....... Im afraid if I run it behind the tires I will be replacing tips a couple times a year

FASTERDAMITT

Loc.
Oceanside
Mine is run behind the right rear tire but I had it cut just short of the body at an angle so i don't smash it. I have some exaust smell still but not as much as I did when it was hanging past the rear quarter. If i had a turn down I think it would be mostly eliminated.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Put stainless steel tips on it. I have had mine for four years and have no rust at all. You can get them from Summit they are worth the money. I had a set on an F150 I had and they lasted over eight years.