• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Exp Serpentine Alternator Bracket Options

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have the bronco guy power steering bracket, it makes the stock alternator bracket kind off ugly. Any options out there?

Attachments

• 37B2E890-B837-435C-987F-B56D0B503446.jpeg
    37B2E890-B837-435C-987F-B56D0B503446.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 118

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i had similar thoughts when i installed the WH bracket. once the rest of the stuff gets bolted on and in the engine bay you will likely never notice it again

my $0.02

Hank

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i had similar thoughts when i installed the WH bracket. once the rest of the stuff gets bolted on and in the engine bay you will likely never notice it again

my $0.02

Hank

You make a good point but it is still ugly compared to that power steering

bcmbcmbcm

Loc.
Wellington Fl
I have been powdercoating brackets etc. silver vein lately. It has a little variance in it so it hide dirt&grease...and pops a more than semi gloss black without doing something like a red. The PC really seals up the pores in metal so it will always be easy to wipe down. It can be expensive for a one off part (minimum charge) but if you box up a lot of greasy brackets and new brackets (and valve covers, intake, etc) it is more affordable and a real time saver.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've found that really good high temp ceramic rattle can paint in the color you want holds up like iron. Also does not add any appreciable thickness to the part. Not the header paint nor any paint needing high temp to cure.

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Prep and paint same color as the PS Bracket. You won't really see it once everything is installed.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Prep and paint same color as the PS Bracket. You won't really see it once everything is installed.

That's what I am doing to mine. I have some aluminum colored paint that a lot of hot rodders recommend for intake manifolds, was going to use that.

Duplicolor engine enamel with ceramic.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It is already powder coated satin black. Maybe I need t paint the alternator black.