• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer 5.0 upper hose options with stock radiator?

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Explorer 5.0 upper radiator hose options with stock radiator?

Using cross over on the bottom. What are people using on top? Pics?

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
Probably no help but I bent a clothes hanger to the shape I needed and took it to napa and we matched it up. Works like it was made for it.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i do a hard line combination. i have my own nc mandrel bent tubes done.
i use an anode in the lower and a drain.

Attachments

• DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC05637.jpg
    DSC05637.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC04872.JPG
    DSC04872.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 134
OP
OP
WILDHORSES

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
i do a hard line combination. i have my own nc mandrel bent tubes done.
i use an anode in the lower and a drain.

OK I'm going to hijack my own thread. Where the tank for the steering pump? Nice job.

gunnibronco

Loc.
Gardnerville, NV
Upper hose from a 69 Pontiac GTO w/400 V8. Installed perfect on mine, but I'm running the stock vbelt, not Explorer serp. There may be some interference with a bracket on the Explorer PS pump bracket, I think, but it can be clearanced.

Here is a thread w/the Explorer front dress:
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188991&highlight=explorer+gto

006.jpg

009.jpg

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm also running the GTO hose WITH the explorer serp setup, BUT....

I removed my AC Comp. and lowered my PS Reservoir. Then I had to shave the top of the driver side bracket off to get the hose over it. If you are not running the AC it is very easy to make the GTO hose work.

6daze

68 GTO hose, trimmed to fit. One large insulated clamp to keep it out of the fan and belt.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325812711.894769.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325812711.894769.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 98

AZ69EB

Upper Hose - 68 GTO, trimmed to fit. works great.

Lower Hose - Powerstroke lower hose trimmed to fit also works. :)

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
jim, to get around the hood clearance issue, plumb the hydro boost and gain room for a few other things i relocate it to the firewall. it's in front of the cowl storage box. i made my own set up. came out pretty slick.

i've done it with the explorer resv moved slightly to clear the hood, but when using the hydro it is easier to package the plumbing.

Attachments

• DSC05567.jpg
    DSC05567.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC05638.jpg
    DSC05638.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC04387.jpg
    DSC04387.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
upper gto hose trimmed to fit- running 5.0 with serp and BC mutisteer bracket with AC pump- works perfect

Hank_

Bronco Guru
jim, to get around the hood clearance issue, plumb the hydro boost and gain room for a few other things i relocate it to the firewall. it's in front of the cowl storage box. i made my own set up. came out pretty slick.

i've done it with the explorer resv moved slightly to clear the hood, but when using the hydro it is easier to package the plumbing.

You do great work Nick. If I did not enjoy all of the frustration I get working on mine you would be at the top of the list for a restore.

Henry

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA

What kind of tube is that? Aluminum? 10 years ago I had a tube formed for the bottom radiator hose and had it ceramic coated like a header pipe. I believe some of the Bronco houses now sell the exact same thing.

I use a GTO upper like a lot of other people but I like your set up a lot.

One day I when the kids are out of college I am bring you my Bronco...

Greg