• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer power steering high pressure fitting......

Dbarnes72

Loc.
Eastern Wa.
leaking like a sieve just cranking the motor. I don't remember what I used but it was a crossover to braided hose. Any recommendations for an off-the-shelf fitting that doesn't leak?

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Find one of the Lee Mfg fittings. Unfortunately for you (& everyone else) Tom Lee retired and closed the shop. Others have made similar fittings, but none of them seem to have the same geometry as the Lee part.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just built this with the factory fitting and a -6 jic fitting. cut the factory fitting off so the tube Is flush with top of nut, then braze them together from the top, so you don't affect the sealing surface of the bottom. Then cut the -6 part off any -6 fitting, and braze it onto t top of the factory nut.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455590769.042483.jpg

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
A -6 x 16 x 1.5 lower o ring fitting works. Its the one wildhorses sells. But my local hydraulic place had them in stock. They were a bit cheaper too

OP
OP
Dbarnes72

Dbarnes72

Loc.
Eastern Wa.
Thanks guys. Tried a search but wasn't too much fun on my cellphone. I ordered the fitting from Wildhorses. Will post up what's in there when I get the new one.

bronco t

Contributor
Loc.
San Diego CA
Thanks guys. Tried a search but wasn't too much fun on my cellphone. I ordered the fitting from Wildhorses. Will post up what's in there when I get the new one.

Do you have the WH part number. I looked on the WH web site, but could not find the part.

skerrybronco

Loc.
Montreal,Canada
leaking like a sieve just cranking the motor. I don't remember what I used but it was a crossover to braided hose. Any recommendations for an off-the-shelf fitting that doesn't leak?

I modified my Aeroquip fitting and it worked like a charm, at the same time I ordered the the Lee one from Todd Z who had them remanufactured..
Here is my thread
cheers and good luck...

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks bigj
For future reference, that part shows up when using the search terms: explorer and/or fitting (singular only).
The term "fitting" also brings up most, if not all of the different ones we carry.

Paul