• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

external Auto transmission coolers

fordtrucksrule

What external transmission coolers do you guys use? I am planning on using Just a External cooler no internal cooler just external where you mount it in front of the radiator witch do you recommend?

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a manual trans, so I'm out, but my brother runs two B&M Supercoolers (11x8x1.5") on his 4.3 V6 Vortec (Chevy) in his Toyota, one for his engine oil and the other for his 4L60E automatic transmission. The transmission actually runs a little on the cold side of things generally and he's talking about getting a radiator with the cooler in it to warm things up a bit in the winter.

OP
OP
fordtrucksrule

fordtrucksrule

the reason is on my dads bronco he has a 74 bronco auto and his radiator sprung a leak i have a good radiator but it is for a manual meaning it dosent have the at trans cooler.