• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fab Fords 2011 Bronco 45th Anniversary Milestone Broncos

bbolander

If everyone makes it as planned, we're going to have one of the best collections ever of legendary Broncos among our milestone Broncos in the center area by the booths and DJ stand this year:

Big Oly (Parnelli's)
Larry Minor/Rod Hall/Jim Frickert Baja Racer (Todd and Andrew's restoration)
Charlie Erikson/LeRoy Page sand drag racer (Brian's family's restoration, supercharged 6 cyl, chain drive!)
Stroppe Balloon Chase Ambulance (Duff's)
Pony Express (Duff's restoration)
Silver Fox (Terry's restoration)

And these:

Stroppe (Taylor's)
Red roadster (Terry's)
Blue 72 (Mike's)
Half Cab (Bobby's)
Bronco II (Gary's)
Full Size Forest Service (Tony's)
Centurion (Cam's)

Thumbs up to our Bronco friends for bringing these legends back to life.

And the show T-shirt Bronco picture should be Todd and Andrew's Baja Racer that won it's class in the NORRA 1000 last year.

So don't miss checking out the milestone area and the T-shirt!

Bruce

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Awesome.. Gonna be a cool event for everyone sounds like

OP
OP
bbolander

bbolander

Hey, your blue and white is beautiful! I remember it well from last year. Humility is nice though! It's too bad we are so limited in the number of milestones we can have this year since we have to share the space with three other milestone Marques. We had a lot more spaces 5 years ago for the 40th.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i'll be there, trying to determine if there'll be enough room for me to show my teardrop camper also. bruce???

OP
OP
bbolander

bbolander

not at FF ben, but it would be great to see it a Bronco Daze in the fall!

Atom0023

Loc.
Los Angeles
What's the date of this event?

April 10th, Sunday.

I have already paid and am excited to meet some bronco friends. Last year I was riding around on my old red schwinn bike with my gf on back. This year I will have my Bronco.

My gpa and dad will have both their Econolines there. 3 of us.

Schwinn.jpg

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
hey Ben there's no reason to walk outside the grass area. Just got the 72 rolling again. Maybe we'll try and bring em both so they have some ugly broncos to fill up the back rows away from camera shot.

OP
OP
bbolander

bbolander

April 10th, Sunday.

I have already paid and am excited to meet some bronco friends. Last year I was riding around on my old red schwinn bike with my gf on back. This year I will have my Bronco.

My gpa and dad will have both their Econolines there. 3 of us.

Schwinn.jpg

Hey Atom0023, I took a picture of your classic schwinn and sent it to my son. he collects and restores old schwinns:D

Atom0023

Loc.
Los Angeles
Hey Atom0023, I took a picture of your classic schwinn and sent it to my son. he collects and restores old schwinns:D

Are you talking about last year? Or this picture I just posted?

The bike is all original (including paint). It's never been restored. It is a Jaguar middle weight bike. It should be there again this year.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
hey Ben there's no reason to walk outside the grass area. Just got the 72 rolling again. Maybe we'll try and bring em both so they have some ugly broncos to fill up the back rows away from camera shot.

too right steve! but EBR and other vendors do set up in the corral area in the center, and gotta look at all the new toys from ford and everybody.

OP
OP
bbolander

bbolander

Are you talking about last year? Or this picture I just posted?

The bike is all original (including paint). It's never been restored. It is a Jaguar middle weight bike. It should be there again this year.

I'm saying I took a picture of your bike at FF last year and sent it to my son. Amazing that it's original. I chose the wrong word about my son, he doesn't "restore" his, like painting and chrome. He likes them in their original condition, and might do a little mechanical work or get a part that is missing for them. He has 4 girls and their family is always taking rides along the beach at Malibu with their classic schwinns. He spends a lot of time on eBay looking for them.

Atom0023

Loc.
Los Angeles
I'm saying I took a picture of your bike at FF last year and sent it to my son. Amazing that it's original. I chose the wrong word about my son, he doesn't "restore" his, like painting and chrome. He likes them in their original condition, and might do a little mechanical work or get a part that is missing for them. He has 4 girls and their family is always taking rides along the beach at Malibu with their classic schwinns. He spends a lot of time on eBay looking for them.

Ohhhh.. Okay, I think I remember that. You were in the first or second row and stopped us as we rode by. Yeah, bought it a year or two ago for about 500 dollars. My dad has another old schwinn that is a miss match all kinds of different parts. They are neat bikes.

OP
OP
bbolander

bbolander

Ohhhh.. Okay, I think I remember that. You were in the first or second row and stopped us as we rode by. Yeah, bought it a year or two ago for about 500 dollars. My dad has another old schwinn that is a miss match all kinds of different parts. They are neat bikes.

Actually I took the picture of it sitting by your vans, just like your picture. But guess we'd better quit hi-jacking this thread and get it back to Broncos at Fab Fords:-X