• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fabbed up my bumper out of cardboard, tell me what you think

johnnybgood74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
boise, idaho
hey guys, got busy lastnight with my Tom's Bronco Parts empty box that my new floors came in. i was going to cut out my old floors but my 6 mo. old was sound asleep so i didnt want to have the shreeking sound of my sawsall tearing into some rusty metal! anyways, here is my idea for my bumper. going to make it out of 3/16" steel. i know its nothing new as a design but i think it will work. i have all the specs and measurements incase anybody wants to know. as soon as i have 100 bucks to spare i will go get the steel and plaz out the pieces. tell me what you think and let me know if there is something that doesnt look right or not functional.

thanks,

John

Attachments

• 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 919
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 852
  • 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 853

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
Looks like a very good design, very similar to how I built mine. If you are planning on putting a winch on there you will either have to get a winch plate or weld something on for the fairlead.

Idaho_Marine

Measurements

Could you pm me the measurements for the bumper. I have been trying to draw one up but it always looks like one of my kids was cutting up boxes again.

Thanks

OP
OP
johnnybgood74

johnnybgood74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
boise, idaho
Idaho_Marine, i will get you those measurements as soon as i transfer them onto paper. they are on a piece of cardboard. as for the radius on the top pieces where they go around the fenders, i will have to take measurements using 2 tram points around the radius. no big deal. i will get them to you soon.

malonejy

Bronco Guru
Looks great but can you raise it an inch or two? It would help fill in the gap below the grill and help with your approach angle.

OP
OP
johnnybgood74

johnnybgood74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
boise, idaho
ya it will get raised. its just sitting on the frame rails right now. when i fab up the mounts, it will be at the stock bumper height.

Terkish

wow...that looks great! I'd love a set of measurements once you get them written down as well.

chuckinphx

Loc.
phx
Nice !! when you get those on paper... id love those measurements too... for now have a good new years eve....

mavereq

Bronco Guru
it looks good enough that you could probably paint it and sell it on ebay

are you planning on bending some of that when you build it or will you weld the whole thing?

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Very nice. I would also like the measurements when you get them calculated out. Wow! Thanks ahead of time!:cool: