• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fender flairs

Rsmith

I’m getting ready to install some new flairs on my 75. I currently have some old fiberglass flairs in the rear and uncut in the front. Running 33x12.50’s. I purchased a set of warflairs from Wildhorses. They seem like they may open the wheel well up more than I want. I understand that you can form them to suit your needs, but if you don’t want to take them up to the body line, the bottom gets pretty wide. They may be fine, just don’t want to cut and decide they are too big. I’m wondering if Tom’s are about the same size? Anyone using Tom’s ultra flex? Any other options I should consider? Thanks in advance.

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Made this video 12 years ago. Still seems relevant. It was made to show stock suspension with 33s and Warflares but I think it will give you a good look at a properly installed Gorilla Warflare.

Jim

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I’m getting ready to install some new flairs on my 75. I currently have some old fiberglass flairs in the rear and uncut in the front. Running 33x12.50’s. I purchased a set of warflairs from Wildhorses. They seem like they may open the wheel well up more than I want. I understand that you can form them to suit your needs, but if you don’t want to take them up to the body line, the bottom gets pretty wide. They may be fine, just don’t want to cut and decide they are too big. I’m wondering if Tom’s are about the same size? Anyone using Tom’s ultra flex? Any other options I should consider? Thanks in advance.
Warflares are the right size. You just might need some bigger tires to fill the gap.

OP
OP
R

Rsmith

Made this video 12 years ago. Still seems relevant. It was made to show stock suspension with 33s and Warflares but I think it will give you a good look at a properly installed Gorilla Warflare.

Jim
Thank you, I will check it out. I probably should have added that I have a 2.5 sl and will be adding a 1 bl.

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

always consider the WH flares for sure...

OP
OP
R

Rsmith

Is it typical to cut the front fender rear support out with the Warflares? I was doing some mock up and where I have the flare right now, seems I will need to cut past the mount point. I’m still playing around with final position. Maybe I need to move it up closer to the body line?
And the rear looks like I will lose the front fender support. I haven’t cut anything yet. Wanted some advice before I go too far.

Attachments

• 4B777A3B-4C85-4B36-B827-ADAEE7671FDD.jpeg
    4B777A3B-4C85-4B36-B827-ADAEE7671FDD.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 89E79F9D-0033-4779-90A1-8E0A28C13E22.jpeg
    89E79F9D-0033-4779-90A1-8E0A28C13E22.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 37

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I don't recall cutting out any supports for my install, but going off of memory at the age of 67 is kind of scetchy... That was 10 years ago. I'd go look but my bronco is across town in my daughter's garage. Lets see what others have to say (Dirt Donk?). Or you can call WH and ask them. They are very helpful in that regard.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Is it typical to cut the front fender rear support out with the Warflares? I was doing some mock up and where I have the flare right now, seems I will need to cut past the mount point. I’m still playing around with final position. Maybe I need to move it up closer to the body line?
And the rear looks like I will lose the front fender support. I haven’t cut anything yet. Wanted some advice before I go too far.
Yes, I cut the supports.

OP
OP
R

Rsmith

I appreciate everyone’s input. From the pictures I posted above, does this look close? Am I missing anything ? Im open to criticism. I would rather hear it now than after I cut and drill. I fell like I’m really over thinking this project.