• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally did it....lol

maverickconner

OK after all these years, I finally coughed up $12 as my new years resolution.....I figure I will try to give some pics of what has taken me 2 years to build with all the help for so many people on this site....

ZF
NP205
351W
GT40 EFI
4.11s factory limited slip
custom,,,,,,,everything?

Attachments

• stuff 029.jpg
    stuff 029.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 165
  • stuff 026.jpg
    stuff 026.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 117
  • stuff 025.jpg
    stuff 025.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 203
  • stuff 024.jpg
    stuff 024.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 137
  • stuff 022.jpg
    stuff 022.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 97
  • stuff 021.jpg
    stuff 021.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 148

supercoupe5

Loc.
Grand Blanc
nice looking rig
i hope mine turns out half that good
and if it does not i just bought photo shop i will make it good

zeusakira

Loc.
Butler, PA
Hey that looks great! You inspired me to spend the $12 also, I just became a contributor also. This forum has helped me so much I don't know why I have not spent the money before. After all the money I have spent on the Bronco, this is a drop in the bucket. I have a np205 and zf also. What did you do for a tranny mount,I have to build one yet.

OP
OP
maverickconner

maverickconner

I used the original bronco mounts, on the custom cross member I made. Here is a pic, sorry the quality of the pic is not great. I also used the orginal NP205 side bracket, slightly modifying the hole size so I could use a body bushing and a trimed down body spacer. I have to go to work, but I will see if I can get a pic of it this afternoon.

Attachments

• stuff 027.jpg
    stuff 027.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 82

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
More info on your ZF/NP205 and alot more pictures. I have a ZF in the garage and would like to see some pics underneath and where the shifter came out. Any suggestions would be helpful. I am also right in the middle of my SEFI swap on my 351W. What are the specs on your engine (TB, Injectors, MAF, etc)

Thanks
Bill

dirtybronco287

Loc.
Belleville, Mi
Good looking rig, but $12 you have got to tell me where you went shopping. Those are a lot of quality parts for $12. By the way nice parking brake ;D.

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
dirtybronco287 said:
Good looking rig, but $12 you have got to tell me where you went shopping. Those are a lot of quality parts for $12. By the way nice parking brake ;D.

LMAO It was to become a contributor and be able to post pics.

Labbster

Awesome Job. I am in the middle of the 351W EFI swap also! I'm mostly learning how dumb I am.

OP
OP
maverickconner

maverickconner

OK, first the ZF, if you look up my gallery, I posted tons of pics, a drawing of what my crossmember measurments are and also pics of how the NP205 mounts to the ZF.

The AC is for onboard air, it is a long story about how I got the serp. belt pulley on it. To make it kinda short, I like to make my own stuff, figure it out myself type of build. I accidentally broke the v belt pully on the ac clutch on that old york compressor. Just by chance, I had a serp. smog pump pulley sitting right next to it. It simply clicked on. Perfect fit. It fit so well, it held itself in place, but you could still spin it on the clutch....very weird. Well, I put six half inch tach welds around it(after meas. the location for the weld seperation to be even,,,need balance) figured I would try it. Works great, the oversized balancer on the ac compr. seems to dampen any imbalance I could have created.... has worked great...

The tray. I originally cut out a section of the rear floor pan to put inboard shock setup in that would allow for 25" shocks with only a 2" body lift. Using angle iron, I made a hump between the wheel wells 6"tall x8"wide that span the entire way across to each wheel well. It seemed to be wasting space, but I remembered someone else building a box. So I fabed up this tray.

OP
OP
maverickconner

maverickconner

If you go to the new photo gallery, you can just click on one of my pics and it will let you choose to see them all at the bottom of the page.....